Monitor anomaly?

ErickAguilar

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Hey guys, I was wondering if some of you could help me find out what this little detail may be.
My monitor is presenting a tiny wavy line that generated randomly in the middle of the screen, with pink pixels that are faded, however they don't seem to be dead pixels as the wavy line only appears on white backgrounds, I thought they could be stuck pixels, but the pattern seems too odd, also it disappears if I look at the monitor from a sideways angle.

Little extra question.. are microscopic cracks that lead to dead pixels in the monitor possible to occur on their own?

ErickAguilar

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

Thanks ricardois.

Yes, I am using VGA, I will see if DVI can fix the issue.
About the dead pixels, I notice a new little line in my monitor, but if I run my finger on it I feel as if it was a crack?

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
if this is a physical crack probably someone did it, i don't think this is possible to happen by itself, maybe someone scratch it, a cleaning product used or something like that?

test changing the cable probably will fix wave lines

ErickAguilar

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
I hope not, it's in my room and only I use it, the little line is not as thick as the dead pixels I'm used to seeing, but they do feel like a crack regardless. It's upsetting when it's a 23 inch monitor :??:

ErickAguilar

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

Maybe... It could be I guess, I had to look very close to notice it, so that might have been it.
Well, good thing I can still change it for another one exactly the same.