tupacalypse

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
I ran 3Dmark11 and my results show my GPU core clock @705 mhz . I have the OC version which has a 1084Mhz core clock why is it running so low and i just downloaded the new Nvidia PLAGame Benchmark giving me Avg of 48.6 FPS while other people comment saying they get around the same with GTx560ti's us my card bad?

Metro 3033 is extremely demanding, even with dual 7970s (the best performers for Metro 2033) it is hard to keep a flat FPS at 2560x1600

Yes. Metro is incredibly badly optimized game.
metro_2033_1920_1200.gif

I disagree. Metro may not be performance optimized but it doesn't sacrifice image quality in order to score a few extra performance points. There's no visual anomalies regardless of the complexity or depth of a scene; most games can't make this claim.

teh_gerbil

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Naw, I mean more it eats the most modern hardware for breakfast and poops out lousy framerates for (my personal feelings) whilst they are great visuals, the amount of power required to run them doesn't feel quite right. ie: with a great engine like Crysis you could 'feel' the return for overclocking/upgrading hardware give you a significant boost, but with Metro a significant investment in like a new CPU/gfx card only gave one a minor speed enhancement, as it moved to the next bottleneck/engine limitation.

I have read significant amounts of information on the subject, and I am not convinced the slow framerates are deserved, I mean OP is a case an point, awesome framerates on every game BUT Metro, surely if his hardware was outdated, every other game would run at (what the OP felt like) was an inadequate framerate, but this is not the case, it's only Metro 2033 that doesn't match his framerate/visual quality standpoint.