PLEASE!!!
PLEASE!!
PLEASE!

How can i make my intel celeron 1.1GHZ faster :(
Its so slow!!!

Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 847 @ 1.10GHz
RAM: 6.1 GB
GRAPHICS: Intel(R) HD Graphics (I Know thats *** but dont worry for now it runs minecraft :) )

And also, my dedicated video ram says 32mb, anyway to higher this? on PC WORLD it says "Up to 1.7 GB (System Memory) How do you use the system memory?
Asap please :(

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Celeron - the garbage of the processor industry.
Your clockspeed is a big influence, 1.1 is LOOOW. I'm assuming this is a much older system due to that clockspeed - I'd replace the system, or replace Windows with Linux - Linux is much better with managing resources, and will make your Celeron feel a LOT faster.

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Never heard of company - and most likely you cannot because processor upgrades depends on what the motherboard supports - I would honestly try to put Linux on it, or something like that. That'll fix a lot of stuff unless you need Windows.

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
without replacing your laptop which is what you need to do, chuck a ssd in it while it wont make the cpu faster it will feel alot faster because your not waiting around for the load times too

Mar 27, 2020
Atom celeron Pentium are Soldered like Ball Grid Array so are some laptops installed chips. So you can't have the same motherboard with different CPU. Try zorin is or Bionic Puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.