Sign in with
Your question

HAF X for a budget build

Last response: in Components
December 25, 2012 9:15:35 PM

Would a Cooler Master HAF X build be overkill for a budget build case?

Non Overclocked system btw

ASROCK extreme 4 mobo
I5 3570k CPU
Phanteks CPU cooler
EVGA GTX 460 superclocked GPU
120gb SSD
1TB HD
8gb ripjaws ddr3
750W corisair modular PSU

Should I save the money and go for the HAF 922? whats the difference in temperatures if any?

Thanks

More about : haf budget build

a b ) Power supply
December 25, 2012 9:18:31 PM

Cooler Master Haf X isn't an overkill. Okay maybe it is but still up to you , it's got loads of space so easier to move around in the case & looks nice.

And choose the HAF X or HAF 922 to whichever you like , they're both meant to be high airflow cases so shouldn't matter temperature wise as long as you have adequate intake and exhaust.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
December 25, 2012 9:26:58 PM

Why would you get the 3570K if you're not gonna overclock?
But HELL NO that's not overkill if you could get the HAF X (which in my opinion is better than the HAF 922), GET IT. The HAF X is one of the best cases in the industry - loads of space, GREAT cooling - you could even put a H100i in there! Do it, bro!
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 6, 2013 3:39:54 PM

payturr said:
Why would you get the 3570K if you're not gonna overclock?
But HELL NO that's not overkill if you could get the HAF X (which in my opinion is better than the HAF 922), GET IT. The HAF X is one of the best cases in the industry - loads of space, GREAT cooling - you could even put a H100i in there! Do it, bro!

You can put a H100i in most cases aswell...the HAF X is HUGE and is an overkill if you're not getting a custom watercooling loop and an big mobo and cooler.
m
l
January 7, 2013 2:59:49 AM

I had a HAF X temporarily (see my pic), and it was huge, so much room. But I just didn't like it for some reason, was too big and heavy, and just felt like a mess in my opinion. Was still a good case though. Ended up switching to a 600t and I now love it to death.
m
l
!