disaster101

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
Pwesome what sort of temps you getting with that? at the moment i only tested a few games but my idle temps gone up a little nothing crazy but up to 35c at the lowest to 40c. Played skyrim a bit and temps ranged from late 40c to i think highest was 55c and crysis was about 62c havent looked into the temps for others cards yet so havent got an idea on how high they get or whats an average. At the moment got my card stable or seems stable so far with no artifacts at 1.17 volts i do know ill have to push some more power into it though because when i tried 1200mhz it had some artifacts. for now i think ill leave it bee at the setting and get water cooling before i leave it at a higher setting ^^.

There is speculation that Sapphire is working on a TOXIC Version which will hit 1300 MHZ on the core clock. The newer AMD chips can now reach higher clocks as the manufacturing process has improved allowing for a higher ceilings.

http://videocardz.com/32758/amd-preparing-radeon-hd-7970-ghz-edition

AtomicPC asked AMD, why did they wait with GHz Edition in the first place. They claimed that actual yields are now better and require lower voltage to sustain 925 MHz core clock. The newest chips can be overclocked up to 1250 MHz, so this can bring the crown of performance back to AMD for at least some time.

disaster101

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
last time i ran stock voltage at 1180mhz it didnt agree at all on the heaven bench mark, but ran it a few times perfectly a little while ago and it worked fine gonna be tweaking with it some more when i get home tomorrow night see if i can get any more out of stock voltage^^, that is after testing it further at this speed on some games for a hour or so.

disaster101

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
sorry didnt read the description guessing cos of the 2 cards close together there must be a fair bit of heat and i was gonna go for that card, well till the price went up lol went for the x-edition heard some reviews saying it dont overclock too well but guessing i got the lucky one lol.