Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

GTX 560 ti 3 monitors + 3d

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 19, 2012 9:16:40 PM

Hey.
I've got a Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX (PCI-Express 2.0, GDDR5, 2xDVI, HDMI, 822MHz) and i want to upgrade my rig to get three 3D screens (3d vision surround).

My question is, if i buy another Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti and run SLI, will they handle my new rig? or should i just buy two better GPUs and run SLI?

Thanks in advance!

More about : gtx 560 monitors

June 20, 2012 8:01:46 PM

bump
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2012 8:10:50 PM

Zyreon said:
Hey.
I've got a Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX (PCI-Express 2.0, GDDR5, 2xDVI, HDMI, 822MHz) and i want to upgrade my rig to get three 3D screens (3d vision surround).

My question is, if i buy another Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti and run SLI, will they handle my new rig? or should i just buy two better GPUs and run SLI?

Thanks in advance!


You will have a very hard time playing games smoothly, not only are you using two 560 ti's for 3 moniters, but your also making it show it in 3d. That put a lot of strain on the GPU's. You are better off buying much better gpus if you want to play in 3d using three displays!!
Related resources
June 20, 2012 8:33:06 PM

how about three screens without 3d, or only only one 3D screen?
will a single Gtx 560ti be able to run that?
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2012 9:37:50 PM

Zyreon said:
how about three screens without 3d, or only only one 3D screen?
will a single Gtx 560ti be able to run that?


Run? yes? Will you enjoy it as much as you would have with better cards? NO

It will play, but the framerate will be way to low for you to enjoy it :whistle: 
June 22, 2012 12:40:48 AM

i'd say sli a 680 and it will still stutter battlefield 3 triple monitor ultra. 3 monitors for you 560ti will be reeally slow........ I'd say sell it for a higher end single card preferably ati because of its high memory (3GB) or (4GB 6990)
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 1:22:14 AM

mogen1000 said:
i'd say sli a 680 and it will still stutter battlefield 3 triple monitor ultra. 3 monitors for you 560ti will be reeally slow........ I'd say sell it for a higher end single card preferably ati because of its high memory (3GB) or (4GB 6990)


You can SLI Gtx 670's, id say that is your best bang for the buck ;) 
June 22, 2012 12:16:19 PM

Thanks for your respnonses.
I'll look into a new GPU then! :) 
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 12:56:41 PM

Zyreon said:
Thanks for your respnonses.
I'll look into a new GPU then! :) 


No problem :D 

Please choose the best answer here, this helps mods close this thread since you got your answer :) 
a c 271 U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 6:11:57 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!