Sign in with
Your question

What's better to upgrade? GPU or CPU..?

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
December 25, 2012 10:07:38 PM

Hi everybody, i'm gamer and i have some problems last time with new games like Crysis 2, Napoleon Total War and etc. I think to upgrade my PC but i don't have enough money to take new cpu and new gpu, i must select one of the both :heink:  I have limited budget of 150-200 Euros and i need some help choising the right :)  So i have MSI G31TM-P21 MOBO with PCI-E slot for graphics card and 775 socket for processor. But if im gonna upgrade the processor i must upgrade and the motherboard because the 775 ones are old. So i don't have a prob to buy a new cpu and new mobo if it's in the budget :kaola:  So i have a intel pentium dual core 2.9ghz and a nvidia gt240 1GB evga. So What's Better To Upgrade Guys? :) 

sorry if iam asking it on the wrong sub-category :p 

More about : upgrade gpu cpu

a c 159 à CPUs
December 25, 2012 10:18:27 PM

What power supply do you use? Brand, model number, and 12v rail in amps.
December 25, 2012 10:25:52 PM

iam not sure about this and i cannot answer you right now because iam missing from home and i have never cheked this :( 
Related resources
December 25, 2012 10:30:11 PM

o1die said:
What power supply do you use? Brand, model number, and 12v rail in amps.

iam not sure about this and i cannot answer you right now because iam missing from home and i have never cheked this
a c 145 à CPUs
December 25, 2012 11:33:57 PM

Since both your GPU and CPU (P4-D) are ancient, you might want to consider upgrading to AMD's A8 or A10 APU. This way, you get a decent CPU+GPU upgrade while remaining within budget.
December 26, 2012 6:44:24 AM

InvalidError said:
Since both your GPU and CPU (P4-D) are ancient, you might want to consider upgrading to AMD's A8 or A10 APU. This way, you get a decent CPU+GPU upgrade while remaining within budget.

Wow man i have never heard about AMD APU's! I saw statistics over the net and it's cheaper than i3 and i don't need to get GPU :o  and the gpu that is intagrated is good enough for gaming, better than i3. Thank you very much for the help :) 
a c 145 à CPUs
December 26, 2012 11:55:35 AM

bobi591 said:
Thank you very much for the help :) 

You're welcome.

I'm not an AMD fan but there are some cases (like yours) where their APUs make the most sense out of all possible choices.
!