Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Friend in need

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 25, 2012 10:45:14 PM

My friend just purchased a new CPU, RAM, and graphics card. I'm not near her so some details aren't as in-depth as I would normally be.

She's blue screening

AMD APU Model unknown for now.
Kingston 8GB 2slot RAM
AMD GPU Model 6570 2GB
She has a 500 watt PSU from before they replaced these things, it only started happening since they added these parts.
For compatibility reasons
Motherboard- FM2-A85XA-G65

She's actually reinstalling Windows, but anyone have any clue if that was possibly a hardware malfunction? Her CPU said it was running at 58C for some reason, she was using the stock cooler I think that's why, but that's still damn hot isn't it?

More about : friend

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 26, 2012 1:15:40 AM

58 is way too hot for idle

the ram could be too high for the mobo so you gotta correct it by going in the bios and lowering it down (if you have some oc features).

last thing i could say and it happended to me too, if you have and old windows and you change your hardware, you probably need to reinstall. It happened very recently to me but it should be okay after.

Let me know

- The Brownie
December 26, 2012 7:18:26 AM

Best answer selected by Timendo.
December 26, 2012 7:18:43 AM

Yea thanks for the reply, her computer is working fine now that she re-installed windows, apparently it was just that, and it's not running at 58 now, I Remote Desktopped to make sure, it was running at a fine temperature around 30C
Thank you again, have a nice night
!