Grinding for cash at 60

I'm a lvl 60 horde fire mage, on a PVE server (Medivh). So far the best
grinding spots I've found are:

The greater rock elementals near Kargath. They drop about 8-14g worth of rocks
in an hour, and respawn fast enough that I never stop.

The first field in WPL, which earns rep with AD, and runecloth and decent money,
but is pretty heavily occiupied most of the time, and I have a lot of down time
for drinking/eating.

Can anyone recommend any other good grinding spots?
5 answers Last reply
More about grinding cash

    Grant wrote:
    > I'm a lvl 60 horde fire mage, on a PVE server (Medivh). So far the best
    > grinding spots I've found are:
    >
    > The greater rock elementals near Kargath. They drop about 8-14g worth of rocks
    > in an hour, and respawn fast enough that I never stop.
    >
    > The first field in WPL, which earns rep with AD, and runecloth and decent money,
    > but is pretty heavily occiupied most of the time, and I have a lot of down time
    > for drinking/eating.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend any other good grinding spots?

    I do okay with a level 60 fire mage killing elite ogres outside Dire
    Maul (about 4g/hr in cash plus pretty good item drops for the AH) and in
    Hearthglen.

    ....and sorry, I forgot the part relating to you :)

    Go there, as well, except instead of dotting everyone, try to pull them
    all, and kill them with AOE spells. You should be even faster!

    Babe Bridou a écrit :
    > Grant wrote:
    > > I'm a lvl 60 horde fire mage, on a PVE server (Medivh). So far the best
    > > grinding spots I've found are:
    > >
    > > The greater rock elementals near Kargath. They drop about 8-14g worth of rocks
    > > in an hour, and respawn fast enough that I never stop.
    > >
    > > The first field in WPL, which earns rep with AD, and runecloth and decent money,
    > > but is pretty heavily occiupied most of the time, and I have a lot of down time
    > > for drinking/eating.
    > >
    > > Can anyone recommend any other good grinding spots?
    > >

    > When I was looking for gold to respec I went to Scarlet Monastery with
    > my level 60 priest, still using the XP grind build (17 holy, 18 disc, 11
    > shadow).
    >
    > Not all my talents where useful for specific SM money grind, but I could
    > still do a full clear of the graveyard (past the torturer's chamber) in
    > about 10 minutes, leading to about 20gold an hour, more if I was lucky
    > at the AH with all the silk.
    >
    > Here is the optimum specific talent build for this:
    > Improved shadow word: pain (2/2) (spirit tap is useless here, go for
    > blackout as a prereq)
    > total shadows: 7
    >
    > Holy: improved renew 5/5
    > Improved healing 5/5
    > Holy specialization 4/5
    > Holy Fire 1/1 (pulling tool + dot, very, very mana inexpensive)
    > Improved Flash heal 2/2
    > Total holy: 17 (Holy is mostly used to tank dozens of ghosts at the same
    > time without using shield, which is mana heavy)
    >
    > Disc: Force of Will 5/5
    > Wand specialization 5/5
    > Mental agility 5/5
    > Mental strength 5/5
    > Martyrdom 2/2
    > Meditation 5/5
    > Total disc: 27 This is the mana part of your talent.
    >
    > Facts: at level 60, with improved shadow word: pain, non elite ghosts
    > require one cast to die, but it takes 24 seconds. So basically you enter
    > the graveyard and cast shadow word pain on every ghost you see, then
    > focus on tanking, using renew only, and flash heal when the situation
    > becomes harder. Elites are taken down with improved wand to regen as
    > much mana as possible.
    >
    > Loot everything. Go down the crypt, kill the boss, and get your blue
    > loot. I suppose it would be better to use enchant and AH the
    > disenchanted item, but I can't afford giving up mining at the moment.

    Sorry for this potential double post, but I can't see it appear, got a
    crash, so here you are, just for completion sake:

    _AOE the graveyard, as a mage, you should love that.
    _farm that remote seer in the Cathedral for greens and blue.
    _go to the southeastern part in Azshara, beyond Azuregos, beyond
    dragons, beyond giants, beyond that little bridge, and farm nagas out
    there. They are easy (54-56), they respawn fast, they drop clam, and
    you relatively often get golden pearls out of them. Each pearl is about
    20 gold by itself at the AH. Bring a couple grindmates for optimal
    drop/time (clearing the area on time just before the first respawn).

    "Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > ...and sorry, I forgot the part relating to you :)
    >
    > Go there, as well, except instead of dotting everyone, try to pull them
    > all, and kill them with AOE spells. You should be even faster!

    I second that. SM graveyard is great to farm money. The non elite ghosts
    drop 1-7s each, some silk and greens/blues (at a high drop rate for non
    elites). The last time I was there (around level 55), I was able to take
    on 3 groups of ghosts at a time (= 9 level 30-33 mobs) without any
    problems (or 2 groups plus one or two elites), so the cash flows in
    quite fast without any downtime.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (57) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

Warcraft Games Video Games