Default Font for Outlook Express

May 23, 2005 6:55:47 PM

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font got
changed.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:22:47 PM

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Mine installed with 10pt Arial for email and set to plain text (font is not
settable) for newsgroups.

"Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font
> got changed.

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:33:13 PM

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font
> got changed.

9pt. Arial here. ..J
May 24, 2005 12:19:11 AM

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

You can specify your font by going to Outlook (not Outlook Express)
and setting it there. OE is slave to Outlook settings.
"Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the
font got
> changed.

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 1:11:28 AM

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font
> got changed.

Arial looks quite nice :-)

**SS**
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 3:50:38 AM

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

And if Outlook is not installed?

"MayB" <donj@socal.rr.NOT_THIS.com> wrote in message
> You can specify your font by going to Outlook (not Outlook Express)
> and setting it there. OE is slave to Outlook settings.
> "Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the
> font got
>> changed.

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:48:23 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The default font for OE6 is 9 pt. Arial. You can set it in Tools->
Options-> Compose-> Compose Font and change the font settings there.

HTH!

Thanks & Regards

Amanda Wang [MSFT]

Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
>From: "Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com>
>Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize
>Subject: Default Font for Outlook Express
>Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:55:47 -0400
>
>What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font
got
>changed.

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 4:29:35 PM

The file list uses the desktop icon text setting. Rt. click on the desktop, choose
Properties/Appearance/Advanced and select Icon from the drop-down. This also affects the
headers and folder list. Oh, yeah, in IE and Explorer, too.

The message window is settable under Tools/Options. And you can change size on the fly
with ctrl-wheel.

rs

: What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font got
: changed.
:
:
:
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 3:40:11 PM

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Mine is Tools--->Options--->Read---->Fonts changes the font for newsgroups

!