Default Font for Outlook Express

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font got
changed.
8 answers Last reply
More about default font outlook express
  1. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Mine installed with 10pt Arial for email and set to plain text (font is not
    settable) for newsgroups.

    "Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font
    > got changed.

  2. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    "Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font
    > got changed.

    9pt. Arial here. ..J
  3. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    You can specify your font by going to Outlook (not Outlook Express)
    and setting it there. OE is slave to Outlook settings.
    "Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the
    font got
    > changed.

  4. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    "Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font
    > got changed.

    Arial looks quite nice :-)

    **SS**
  5. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    And if Outlook is not installed?

    "MayB" <donj@socal.rr.NOT_THIS.com> wrote in message
    > You can specify your font by going to Outlook (not Outlook Express)
    > and setting it there. OE is slave to Outlook settings.
    > "Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the
    > font got
    >> changed.

    Hello,

    Thanks for your post.

    The default font for OE6 is 9 pt. Arial. You can set it in Tools->
    Options-> Compose-> Compose Font and change the font settings there.

    HTH!

    Thanks & Regards

    Amanda Wang [MSFT]

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    >From: "Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com>
    >Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize
    >Subject: Default Font for Outlook Express
    >Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:55:47 -0400
    >
    >What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font
    got
    >changed.

    The file list uses the desktop icon text setting. Rt. click on the desktop, choose
    Properties/Appearance/Advanced and select Icon from the drop-down. This also affects the
    headers and folder list. Oh, yeah, in IE and Explorer, too.

    The message window is settable under Tools/Options. And you can change size on the fly
    with ctrl-wheel.

    rs

    : What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font got
    : changed.
    :
    :
    :
  8. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Mine is Tools--->Options--->Read---->Fonts changes the font for newsgroups

    > set to plain text (font is not settable) for newsgroups.
    >
    > "Sol Rosenburg" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> What is the default font for OE6? My app went on the fritz and the font
    >> got changed.

Configuration Default Outlook Express Font Microsoft Customization Windows XP