Sign in with
Your question

FX-8320 or Phenom II X6 1055T?

Tags:
  • Components
Last response: in Components
December 25, 2012 10:56:52 PM

I have a friend who is willing too sell me an M5A97 motherboard, Hyper 212 EVO, and 1055T for $200. I think this is a good deal, but should I instead get an 8320 and M5A97 (stock coolest) for around $220 instead? The 8320 is $150 on amazon and a used m5a97 foes for around $60-80. I'm not an intensive user, I mostly want to not have to even notice that the processor is there (meaning no lag). I mostly browse the web and play fps games or games like company of heroes. I'm considering using a Gigabyte 7870 trifan, although any suggestions are welcome. My budget is around $600-700, buy I don't want to have to upgrade anything for at least 4 years. I don't care too much about running fully maxed out games in the future., but I figure any card that runs bf3 on ultra is good enough. I can always throw in another card for crossfire/sli down the line. Thanks! :D 

More about : 8320 phenom 1055t

December 26, 2012 1:03:50 AM

Go for the 8320. It's 8-core and it's brand new fully working. You won't have any problems with this one. The 1055T is old, barely working great and it won't last for long with it's 4-cores. That serie of phenom is dying and the Bulldozer serie (FX-xxxx) is replacing it. Also the 8-core will be good for future games as it have a 8-core. You can't go wrong with that. You can overclock it like a beast !!! Hope it works out for you.

- The Brownie
December 26, 2012 1:49:54 AM

The 1055 is a six core unit. (Decent chip)

However, the 8320 is built on the Piledriver architecture and is a better CPU.
Anonymous
December 31, 2012 4:55:21 PM

Bromeh said:
Go for the 8320. It's 8-core and it's brand new fully working. You won't have any problems with this one. The 1055T is old, barely working great and it won't last for long with it's 4-cores. That serie of phenom is dying and the Bulldozer serie (FX-xxxx) is replacing it. Also the 8-core will be good for future games as it have a 8-core. You can't go wrong with that. You can overclock it like a beast !!! Hope it works out for you.

- The Brownie

As Z1NONLY pointed out, the 1055T is 6 cores. Not 4. Brownie, you've lost all credibility with this thread. Also, while I do think the 8320 would be a better buy (because depending on when your friend bought the unit it is coming out of warranty soon. I know mine is because it was a launch day purchase, and that was in April of '10.) Please also note, the 1055T has 6 REAL cores, not the 8 "cores" (remember the 8XXX series has 4 "modules" or actual cores, the "cores" they brag about are more like an enhanced version of HT. That's way over simplifying but you get the idea) so it might be better in some cases. Long and short: Get what will work for you.
!