Upgrading

i have a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual core processor 5000+ 2.60 ghz 4 gb ram will an xfx Radeon HD 4870 512gb ddr5 with an ati chipset work on this at all? i really want to upgrade to play diablo 3 but am not really sure all what i need to do this..... please help
15 answers Last reply
More about upgrading
  1. well it really depends on what motherboard you have....can you tell us which one you have?
  2. drums101 said:
    well it really depends on what motherboard you have....can you tell us which one you have?

all i know is it says its a m2a vm hdmi an asus board
  3. get a athlonx4 if your on a budget or if you can afford it drop in a phenom 2 you probably wont be able to use the black editions because u will probably find it has a max rating of like 125 watts on that build and the phen 2 be's were 140 watts from memory make sure you do a bios update before u put a new chip in it. u should then be able to play diablo with some reduced settings
  4. the reason im asking about that specific card is because i have a line on 2 of them fer $50
  5. i think he is just asking if the gpu will work with his current mobo/ram/cpu setup.....and yes your motherboard has a pcie x16 slot so that gpu would be able to run in your system...do you have a powersupply that can handle the card? what psu do you have right now?
  6. right now just a 300 watt but i had already figured i would need to get at least a 600w or so
  7. mainada01 said:
    right now just a 300 watt but i had already figured i would need to get at least a 600w or so

you technically only need ~500 at most probably.
  8. yea I would look into upgrading your psu as well but rest assured that 4870 will work with your current system
  9. drums 101 your my new best friend!
  10. hahah glad I can help if there is anything else you need help on feel free to send me a message
  11. sure will just gotta figure out how to add you to a friends list or something
  12. I dont think they have that feature here not sure though either way you can always find me by looking in your past threads and finding this one.
  13. im honestly not sure how to do that on here have only used this site twice now
  14. when you click on forums top left will have a button saying my threads and it will show up there
  15. awesome! again more great help :P
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics