1090T Overheating with H60, No Overclocking

ministock20

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Hello,
For the past month or so, my 1090T CPU has been overheating. It started since my Biostar TA870OU+ Bit the dust. Before the Biostar blew up, I could overclock my cpu to 3.8ghz stable, and never hit 50C with the Corsair H60. However, since I have gotten an ASUS M5A97, it's has been over heating like crazy. No overlock, just stock. However, I did notice the stock voltages where 1.44, so I lowered it to 1.375. Still overheating. At idle, its from 45C-55C. In game, (BF3, MoHW, MC), it goes right up to 65-70C minimum. I just don't get it. I re applied thermal paste twice. I've gotten the Rosewill THOR, So fan and mb temp is not an issue (22C at idle, actually).

Specs:
CPU: 1090T @ Stock
MB: Asus M5A97 LE 2.0
RAM: 8GB DDR3 Corsair
GPU: Radeon HD 6770
Cooling: H60 Liquid
Case: Rosewill THOR

If you might have the solution, I'd love to hear it at this point.

Thanks,
Ryan :)

Solution
As long as it is at stock yes I would use the stock cooler to eliminate the water cooler as the cause of the problem. As I said above if you install the stock heatsink and the problem goes away then it is a problem with the water cooler and I would RMA it. If it doesn't than it is something else.

Make sure the cooler is working especially the pump.

ministock20

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

Thanks for the reply. I checked that both the CPU and Fan is running. The CPU speed (pump, will explain after) is at 4530RPM. My Fan is at 1870RPM.

Right before it started overheating, my friend thought my pins where on backwards (pump on fan, Fan on pump) so he changed it. Before, it was on wrong and he corrected it. However, it started overheating. So my immediate reaction was to switch the pins back (the 'wrong' way) and it was better. However after a week it started overheating. I switched the pins back AGAIN, and it was worse, then back to the wrong way again. I'm so confused what is going on.

ministock20

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

I have been checking it everyday. I'm in Minecraft as we speak with Origin, and itunes open. Idling at 68C. I don't see the problem, I've been looking. I am thinking of trying a stock cooler, and see if it is my H60.

The next step I would do would be to find out if the cooler is the problem or something else. Do you or someone you know have another regular heatsink something like a Hyper 212. What I would do is hook up a regular fan heatsink and see what happens. If the problems continues than it might be voltages or something else. If the problem goes away than it is a water cooler problem.

Another thing you say it is overheating but is the computer shutting down? What are your temps at idle and under load and what are you using to measure these temps?

As long as it is at stock yes I would use the stock cooler to eliminate the water cooler as the cause of the problem. As I said above if you install the stock heatsink and the problem goes away then it is a problem with the water cooler and I would RMA it. If it doesn't than it is something else.

Solution
Also before you install the old heatsink make sure you clean off all the old thermal paste with a non lint cloth and rubbing alcohol then re-apply the thermal paste. You can't just keep re-installing the heatsink on top of old thermal paste it will cause heat problems.

TRENDING THREADS