Sign in with
Your question

Moneual MonCaso 312 HTPC Build

Last response: in Components
December 26, 2012 12:20:56 AM

I am looking to build a HTPC using the Moneual MonCaso 312 case. While I am flexible on almost any of the other components, I have not found any other case that seems to meet my aesthetic requirements [this HTPC needs to sit in the open on a floating glass shelf above a Rotel Integrated Amp].

I am shooting for a total build cost below $1k. The rig will be used for both disk and steaming playback, and possibly as a DVR. I will almost certainly use a high quality sound card such as the Asus Xonar Essence, or something similar.

The rig will not be used for gaming.

It has been years since I spec'd a complete build [read: mid-90s], which means I am a noob at this point.

Simply stated, I have no idea what components to select for: motherboard, cpu, power supply, memory, cooling, graphics card [is it even necessary for an HTPC rig?], blue ray drive, hd.

Since I'm effectively a blank canvas, I am open to all suggestions--especially those regarding what is overkill for an HTPC.

Thanks for any help.
December 26, 2012 12:39:16 AM

Hi,

To build a HTCP build you most likely need a mini-itx motherboard and a good midrange processor with lots of ram. I need to know a little more about your pieces exact price and whre you buy all your stuff.

- The Brownie
December 26, 2012 1:18:15 AM

?? What the hell is that ?
!