Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New motherboard fresh install NEED QUICK REPLY

Last response: in Components
Share
December 26, 2012 12:23:21 AM

So im upgrading from a gigabyte AM3 motherboard, with a AMD phenom 6core 2.8ghz to a asus z77 motherboard and a i5 3570k. I will be using the same RAM, CD-drive, GPU, PSU and hard drive.

Now should i delete or format this hard drive on this current computer before i upgrade? Or should i do something differently?

Many thanks.
December 26, 2012 12:25:00 AM

btw the windows is Windows 7 home premium 64bit , not OEM
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2012 12:28:04 AM

When I usually use an old hard drive with a new build I usually format the drive and then install windows with the new build.
Related resources
December 26, 2012 12:29:08 AM

So i should boot the windows Disc on my current PC, format the drive, exit the installation, then install it when i have upgraded?
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2012 12:40:13 AM

moleybear said:
So i should boot the windows Disc on my current PC, format the drive, exit the installation, then install it when i have upgraded?



Hi :) 

No...do precisely what you said AFTER you have upgraded...

All the best Brett :) 
December 26, 2012 12:41:52 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

No...do precisely what you said AFTER you have upgraded...

All the best Brett :) 


Haha i just got a bit confused on when to do it.

Thanks alot ;) 
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2012 12:42:48 AM

moleybear said:
Haha i just got a bit confused on when to do it.

Thanks alot ;) 



Hi :) 

Thats fine, you have the right idea :) 

All the best Brett :) 
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2012 12:44:28 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Thats fine, you have the right idea :) 

All the best Brett :) 


Pretty much what Brett said, too bad I couldn't get in time for the reply :lol: 

- Happy Holidays to the both of you :) 
December 26, 2012 12:46:28 AM

socialfox said:
Pretty much what Brett said, too bad I couldn't get in time for the reply :lol: 

- Happy Holidays to the both of you :) 


haha its ok, just didnt want to stay up all night waiting for a reply.

Happu holidays to the both of you :)  :na: 
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2012 1:00:28 AM

socialfox said:
Pretty much what Brett said, too bad I couldn't get in time for the reply :lol: 

- Happy Holidays to the both of you :) 


Hi :) 

Happy Christmas and New Year to you as well :)  :) 

All the best Brett :) 
!