System does not "see" my SCSI card(/)

May 24, 2005 5:23:01 AM

I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a Hewlett
Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas worked
well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI card...ZILCH! I
can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked in so
it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
card...HELP...Please!!
Regards, Gordon

More about : system scsi card

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 3:36:08 AM

Gordon, did you load the XP Drivers for the SCSI Card? You could
probably do it from Device Manager.
Rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>SCSI
Devices.
"Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a Hewlett
> Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas worked
> well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
> PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
> disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI card...ZILCH! I
> can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked in
> so
> it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
> card...HELP...Please!!
> Regards, Gordon
May 25, 2005 5:37:04 AM

Thanks Rich, I have looked at this as you suggest, but I do not seem to have
the SCSI driver anywhere...I will go to the HP site and update the software
package again and see if I have any joy.
Thanks for the pointer...Gordon

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Gordon, did you load the XP Drivers for the SCSI Card? You could
> probably do it from Device Manager.
> Rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>SCSI
> Devices.
> "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a Hewlett
> > Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas worked
> > well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
> > PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
> > disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI card...ZILCH! I
> > can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked in
> > so
> > it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
> > card...HELP...Please!!
> > Regards, Gordon

May 25, 2005 12:11:39 PM

Gordon

You should go to the SCSI card manufacturer web site for drivers..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

> Thanks Rich, I have looked at this as you suggest, but I do not seem to
> have
> the SCSI driver anywhere...I will go to the HP site and update the
> software
> package again and see if I have any joy.
> Thanks for the pointer...Gordon
>
> "Rich Barry" wrote:
>
>> Gordon, did you load the XP Drivers for the SCSI Card? You could
>> probably do it from Device Manager.
>> Rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>SCSI
>> Devices.
>> "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a
>> >Hewlett
>> > Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas
>> > worked
>> > well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
>> > PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
>> > disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI
>> > card...ZILCH! I
>> > can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked
>> > in
>> > so
>> > it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
>> > card...HELP...Please!!
>> > Regards, Gordon

May 25, 2005 12:56:09 PM

Thanks Mike I'll get the screwdriver out and check make/model of
th SCSI card...it's ages since I first fitted it, then try the maker...Gordon.

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Gordon
>
> You should go to the SCSI card manufacturer web site for drivers..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Rich, I have looked at this as you suggest, but I do not seem to
> > have
> > the SCSI driver anywhere...I will go to the HP site and update the
> > software
> > package again and see if I have any joy.
> > Thanks for the pointer...Gordon
> >
> > "Rich Barry" wrote:
> >
> >> Gordon, did you load the XP Drivers for the SCSI Card? You could
> >> probably do it from Device Manager.
> >> Rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>SCSI
> >> Devices.
> >> "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

May 25, 2005 3:08:07 PM

What Model SCSI card are you trying to use?
What Model PhotoSmart?

"Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a Hewlett
> Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas worked
> well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
> PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
> disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI card...ZILCH! I
> can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked in
> so
> it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
> card...HELP...Please!!
> Regards, Gordon
May 25, 2005 3:08:08 PM

Bill...good question! As the previous reply suggested that I go to the
SCSI Manufacturer and see if I can get any joy I'll get the screwdriver
out and check the card for make/model. I'm using an HP PhotSmart scanner
model C5100A.
Thanks for the assist, Gordon

!