System does not "see" my SCSI card(/)

I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a Hewlett
Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas worked
well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI card...ZILCH! I
can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked in so
it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
card...HELP...Please!!
Regards, Gordon
6 answers Last reply
More about system scsi card

    Gordon, did you load the XP Drivers for the SCSI Card? You could
    probably do it from Device Manager.
    Rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>SCSI
    Devices.
    "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a Hewlett
    > Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas worked
    > well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
    > PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
    > disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI card...ZILCH! I
    > can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked in
    > so
    > it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
    > card...HELP...Please!!
    > Regards, Gordon

    Thanks Rich, I have looked at this as you suggest, but I do not seem to have
    the SCSI driver anywhere...I will go to the HP site and update the software
    package again and see if I have any joy.
    Thanks for the pointer...Gordon

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Gordon, did you load the XP Drivers for the SCSI Card? You could
    > probably do it from Device Manager.
    > Rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>SCSI
    > Devices.
    > "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a Hewlett
    > > Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas worked
    > > well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
    > > PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
    > > disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI card...ZILCH! I
    > > can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked in
    > > so
    > > it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
    > > card...HELP...Please!!
    > > Regards, Gordon

    Gordon

    You should go to the SCSI card manufacturer web site for drivers..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    > Thanks Rich, I have looked at this as you suggest, but I do not seem to
    > have
    > the SCSI driver anywhere...I will go to the HP site and update the
    > software
    > package again and see if I have any joy.
    > Thanks for the pointer...Gordon
    >
    > "Rich Barry" wrote:
    >
    >> Gordon, did you load the XP Drivers for the SCSI Card? You could
    >> probably do it from Device Manager.
    >> Rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>SCSI
    >> Devices.
    >> "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a
    >> >Hewlett
    >> > Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas
    >> > worked
    >> > well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
    >> > PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
    >> > disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI
    >> > card...ZILCH! I
    >> > can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked
    >> > in
    >> > so
    >> > it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
    >> > card...HELP...Please!!
    >> > Regards, Gordon

    Thanks Mike I'll get the screwdriver out and check make/model of
    th SCSI card...it's ages since I first fitted it, then try the maker...Gordon.

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Gordon
    >
    > You should go to the SCSI card manufacturer web site for drivers..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks Rich, I have looked at this as you suggest, but I do not seem to
    > > have
    > > the SCSI driver anywhere...I will go to the HP site and update the
    > > software
    > > package again and see if I have any joy.
    > > Thanks for the pointer...Gordon
    > >
    > > "Rich Barry" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Gordon, did you load the XP Drivers for the SCSI Card? You could
    > >> probably do it from Device Manager.
    > >> Rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>SCSI
    > >> Devices.
    > >> "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    What Model SCSI card are you trying to use?
    What Model PhotoSmart?

    "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a Hewlett
    > Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas worked
    > well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
    > PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
    > disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI card...ZILCH! I
    > can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked in
    > so
    > it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
    > card...HELP...Please!!
    > Regards, Gordon

    Bill...good question! As the previous reply suggested that I go to the
    SCSI Manufacturer and see if I can get any joy I'll get the screwdriver
    out and check the card for make/model. I'm using an HP PhotSmart scanner
    model C5100A.
    Thanks for the assist, Gordon

    "Bill" wrote:

    > What Model SCSI card are you trying to use?
    > What Model PhotoSmart?
    >

    > "Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have just apgraded my IBM Aptiva from W-98 to XP Home. I have a Hewlett
    > > Packard PhotoSmart scanner attached via a SCSI card/cable and ithas worked
    > > well utill this software update. All my USB devices work OK, but the
    > > PhotoSmart scanner is defunct. There is power to the device and I have
    > > disconnected the cable and unplugged and reseated the SCSI card...ZILCH! I
    > > can not find any reference to a SCSI in any folder that I have looked in
    > > so
    > > it seems that my system is unaware of the existance of the SCSI
    > > card...HELP...Please!!
    > > Regards, Gordon

Configuration SCSI Photosmart Windows XP