Sign in with
Your question
Closed

First build assistance.

Last response: in Components
December 26, 2012 1:05:34 AM

Hello,

I recently bought an ASUS GTX550 Ti video card and Corsair CX600 PSU after having some problems with an older computer. Unfortunately the computer is now inoperable and I need to find a way to use these parts so they don't go to waste.

Were these parts decent choices for a gaming computer? Can someone suggest a computer that can fit these parts or at the very least give me a small bit of help in going about building a new computer with said parts?

More about : build assistance

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
December 26, 2012 1:57:36 AM

I would throw the graphic card card and get a decent card. 660Ti or better should be okay for now. I would go for a 15 3570k along with any z77 Chipset motherboard so you can overclock your CPU. For the ram, some G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB should be okay. Get any case you want and fit your budget (Cooler master haf 912 looks pretty good for the price). If you are looking into a cheap gaming build (under 1000$) i would go for a traditional 1tb hdd. Any 7200rpm, sata6.0gbit should do the job.Finally take and dvd drive or don't take any.... That should cost around 900$ with the graphic card and around 700$ without it.

- The Brownie
December 26, 2012 2:24:11 AM

Bromeh said:
I would throw the graphic card card and get a decent card. 660Ti or better should be okay for now. I would go for a 15 3570k along with any z77 Chipset motherboard so you can overclock your CPU. For the ram, some G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB should be okay. Get any case you want and fit your budget (Cooler master haf 912 looks pretty good for the price). If you are looking into a cheap gaming build (under 1000$) i would go for a traditional 1tb hdd. Any 7200rpm, sata6.0gbit should do the job.Finally take and dvd drive or don't take any.... That should cost around 900$ with the graphic card and around 700$ without it.

- The Brownie

Thanks for the advice.

I guess I can understand upgrading to a better card, though it never gave me a problem for the time that I was able to use it on my older computer. Thanks for the suggestion anyway, I'll keep it in mind.

As for everything else. While I may not be able to afford everything right now, it gives me an idea of what to research which I'm gonna start doing now. Thanks again.
Score
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
December 26, 2012 2:25:44 AM

Hopw you will make it :) 
Score
December 26, 2012 2:30:07 AM

If your want more "bang" for your buck get a Radeon HD 7850 2bg.
Score
a b ) Power supply
December 26, 2012 2:41:20 AM

7850 would be doing okay but not gonna max out the games

if you want to go amd 7870 or 7950
Score
December 28, 2012 4:40:21 PM

Best answer selected by Herecomesthatguy.
Score
!