Solved

Am I able to switch processors?

Hello, I have the AMD E-1-1200 processor with 4GB of RAM and It runs at a maximum of 1.4GHz, which really sucks for Video Editing. I was wondering if my laptop is able to switch processors to something really good that can give me at least 3GHz, I am looking for a AMD processor. Buying a new laptop is out of the question. Would buying more RAM make a significant improvement on the proformence. Thanks for the help!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about switch processors
  1. Best answer
    Laptop parts are generally hard to replace. As for RAM, Head over to the local computer parts store, and ask for some DDR3 1066 MHz. RAM will not make a significant improvement, since that is a decent amount of RAM already.

Processor: Your processor uses the FT1-BGA Socket. So the strongest for that socke is 1.7GHz, so try to get getting a new laptop in your question.
  2. beeding said:
    Laptop parts are generally hard to replace. As for RAM, Head over to the local computer parts store, and ask for some DDR3 1066 MHz. RAM will not make a significant improvement, since that is a decent amount of RAM already.

Processor: Your processor uses the FT1-BGA Socket. So the strongest for that socke is 1.7GHz, so try to get getting a new laptop in your question.

Thanks you so much, Would upgrade to that make even a noticeable difference? I just got this laptop in October and am not allowed getting a new one. How much would it for more RAM? Would it make any difference if I bought 12GB of Ram, I have about $400.00 to spare on this fixing this piece of crap.
  3. Murdhur said:
    Thanks you so much, Would upgrade to that make even a noticeable difference? I just got this laptop in October and am not allowed getting a new one. How much would it for more RAM? Would it make any difference if I bought 12GB of Ram, I have about $400.00 to spare on this fixing this piece of crap.

Big difference. You will still see some performance issues as your processor isn't up to latest standards.
  4. Best answer selected by Murdhur.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Laptops Switch RAM Processors AMD