Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Am I able to switch processors?

Last response: in CPUs
December 26, 2012 1:49:22 AM

Hello, I have the AMD E-1-1200 processor with 4GB of RAM and It runs at a maximum of 1.4GHz, which really sucks for Video Editing. I was wondering if my laptop is able to switch processors to something really good that can give me at least 3GHz, I am looking for a AMD processor. Buying a new laptop is out of the question. Would buying more RAM make a significant improvement on the proformence. Thanks for the help!

More about : switch processors

Best solution

December 26, 2012 1:59:01 AM

Laptop parts are generally hard to replace. As for RAM, Head over to the local computer parts store, and ask for some DDR3 1066 MHz. RAM will not make a significant improvement, since that is a decent amount of RAM already.

Processor: Your processor uses the FT1-BGA Socket. So the strongest for that socke is 1.7GHz, so try to get getting a new laptop in your question.
December 26, 2012 2:12:56 AM

beeding said:
Laptop parts are generally hard to replace. As for RAM, Head over to the local computer parts store, and ask for some DDR3 1066 MHz. RAM will not make a significant improvement, since that is a decent amount of RAM already.

Processor: Your processor uses the FT1-BGA Socket. So the strongest for that socke is 1.7GHz, so try to get getting a new laptop in your question.

Thanks you so much, Would upgrade to that make even a noticeable difference? I just got this laptop in October and am not allowed getting a new one. How much would it for more RAM? Would it make any difference if I bought 12GB of Ram, I have about $400.00 to spare on this fixing this piece of crap.
m
l
Related resources
December 26, 2012 2:44:41 AM

Murdhur said:
Thanks you so much, Would upgrade to that make even a noticeable difference? I just got this laptop in October and am not allowed getting a new one. How much would it for more RAM? Would it make any difference if I bought 12GB of Ram, I have about $400.00 to spare on this fixing this piece of crap.

Big difference. You will still see some performance issues as your processor isn't up to latest standards.
m
l
December 26, 2012 2:47:00 AM

Best answer selected by Murdhur.
m
l
!