Driver Sweeper to delete Nvidia - Chipset, Display, and PhysX?

Frozyn

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
Hello, im having an issue where i decided to delete my drivers for my old GPU (1 GB HD Radeon 6950) and replace it with my new GPU (GTX 560 2 GB), but THEN i decided to delete the nvidia drivers and put my Radeon back in, downloading those drivers back onto my PC. Now, after all of this, i found out that my computer turned into a snail.. I have no idea why this is, my CPU usage is through the roof, games barely go past 5 FPS anymore when it usually stayed around 70 fps.

So i took it upon myself to download Driver Sweeper as someone in another thread mentioned and it analyzed my computer information. It came up with 3 blocks i found suspicious, but seeing as i have no clue about these things, i thought someone here could help me with this. Driver Sweeper found:

"NVIDIA - Chipset"
"NVIDIA - Display"
"NVIDIA - PhysX"

I'm running an AMD GPU, obviously, as Driver Sweeper also picked up "AMD - Display". I'm wondering if deleting these three NVIDIA objects is a safe thing to do? I need info on this please, thanks.

Frozyn

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012

Is it really just that easy? I run Driver Sweeper and take NVIDIA - Display and NVIDIA - PhysX off, reboot and that's it? No safe mode nonsense?

Frozyn

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012

Thanks a bunch! ill try it tomorrow