Will it work?

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 21, 2005 5:27:35 PM

Hi there,
one of my friends can't find WoW locally, and he will order from Amazon.com.
But we don't know if there will be a problem playing with it on the EU
servers? Will the key of USA bought WOW work on EU territory/servers?
This is a bit urgent, so quick answers are really appreciated :)

TIA

--

"Know who you are, Be what you know"
--LordSpike

More about : work

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 21, 2005 5:27:36 PM

LordSpike wrote:
> Hi there,
> one of my friends can't find WoW locally, and he will order from Amazon.com.
> But we don't know if there will be a problem playing with it on the EU
> servers? Will the key of USA bought WOW work on EU territory/servers?
> This is a bit urgent, so quick answers are really appreciated :)

Why doesn't (s)he order from Amazon.co.uk? They are listing it as
being dispatched within 24 hours.

To answer your question - I've no idea but its a definatley bit risky.

steve.kaye
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 21, 2005 5:27:36 PM

"LordSpike" <lord_spike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> one of my friends can't find WoW locally, and he will order from
> Amazon.com.
> But we don't know if there will be a problem playing with it on the EU
> servers? Will the key of USA bought WOW work on EU territory/servers?
> This is a bit urgent, so quick answers are really appreciated :)

My dad runs a USA copy and I think he said that there wasn't an option to
choose EU servers. I just gave him a ring to check but he wasn't in so
that's the best I can do atm.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 21, 2005 5:27:36 PM

>> one of my friends can't find WoW locally, and he will order from
>> Amazon.com.
>> But we don't know if there will be a problem playing with it on the EU
>> servers? Will the key of USA bought WOW work on EU territory/servers?
>> This is a bit urgent, so quick answers are really appreciated :)

>My dad runs a USA copy and I think he said that there wasn't an option to
>choose EU servers. I just gave him a ring to check but he wasn't in so
>that's the best I can do atm.

Yep, a US key only works on the US servers and EU only on EU servers.
I'm also led to believe Blizzard check the CC billing address and you
have to use a CC from the right region too.

You also have to download the correct version of the patch eg US, EU,
FR so the base code might not be exactly the same also.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 21, 2005 6:29:24 PM

"LordSpike" <lord_spike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> one of my friends can't find WoW locally, and he will order from
> Amazon.com.
> But we don't know if there will be a problem playing with it on the EU
> servers? Will the key of USA bought WOW work on EU territory/servers?
> This is a bit urgent, so quick answers are really appreciated :)
>
> TIA

I heard there is an option on the account creation site to allow US-cdkey ->
EU-cdkey conversion, but the cdkey must be unused.

You would be best to contact the accounts team at blizzard though to be
sure.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 21, 2005 9:55:44 PM

Thanks for all the answers. :)
I'll relay all of them to him. It's nice to be in a helpful group like this
:)

--

!