Nokia Data Suite

I just got my genuine nokia cable in the mail. I installed the drivers. I
forgot to activate with them with XP, and installed the Nokia suite. So I
activated them, uninstalled the Nokia suite, and reinstalled the Nokia
suite. The drivers and the Nokia suite installed fine. But my phone
doesn't show up. By the way, I'm using the Nokia USB cable, and I'm running
Virtual PC.

-Adam
6 answers Last reply
More about nokia data suite

    Adam Hallett <macadamtosh@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<BD48DD51.2703%macadamtosh@earthlink.net>...
    > I just got my genuine nokia cable in the mail. I installed the drivers. I
    > forgot to activate with them with XP, and installed the Nokia suite. So I
    > activated them, uninstalled the Nokia suite, and reinstalled the Nokia
    > suite. The drivers and the Nokia suite installed fine. But my phone
    > doesn't show up. By the way, I'm using the Nokia USB cable, and I'm running
    > Virtual PC.

    If you are running some PC emulator on MAC, Linux or BSD ('virtual
    PC'), then, unfortunately, it won't function. You should use only
    genuine MS Windows operating system (at least, MS Windows 98 SE).
    Also, maybe, you've bought just 'Nokia compatible' thirdparty cable.
    Thirdparty cables may not function with original Nokia software. In
    this case we can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II (
    http://www.opm-2.com/ ). You can download the latest trial here:
    http://www.opm-2.com/ Our program enables to manage phonebook, agenda,
    SMS, MMS, profiles, logos, melodies, JAVA and view general phone
    information.

    If you will have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    On 8/19/04 9:50 AM, in article
    68c0a433.0408190650.10dc55f2@posting.google.com, "Oxygen Software"
    <support@opm-2.com> wrote:

    > Adam Hallett <macadamtosh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> I just got my genuine nokia cable in the mail. I installed the drivers. I
    >> forgot to activate with them with XP, and installed the Nokia suite. So I
    >> activated them, uninstalled the Nokia suite, and reinstalled the Nokia
    >> suite. The drivers and the Nokia suite installed fine. But my phone
    >> doesn't show up. By the way, I'm using the Nokia USB cable, and I'm running
    >> Virtual PC.
    >
    > If you are running some PC emulator on MAC, Linux or BSD ('virtual
    > PC'), then, unfortunately, it won't function.
    You see that's the obvious answer when something like this arises. But the
    real answer lies in a bug in the USB code in Virtual PC that has yet to be
    fixed. I tried Oxygen phone manager, it doesn't work either. The thing is,
    it's recognizing my cable. When I plug it in Virtual PC makes a sound. The
    drivers and the software installed perfectly. Clearly there must be a
    solution. Perhaps Blue Label will run it. The cable is genuine Nokia.

    Adam Hallett wrote:

    >>If you are running some PC emulator on MAC, Linux or BSD ('virtual
    >>PC'), then, unfortunately, it won't function.

    Oxygen people - it isn't a MAC, it's a Mac. Get it right, stupid.

    > You see that's the obvious answer when something like this arises. But the
    > real answer lies in a bug in the USB code in Virtual PC that has yet to be
    > fixed. I tried Oxygen phone manager, it doesn't work either. The thing is,
    > it's recognizing my cable. When I plug it in Virtual PC makes a sound. The
    > drivers and the software installed perfectly. Clearly there must be a
    > solution. Perhaps Blue Label will run it. The cable is genuine Nokia.

    Adam - Have you tried it under VM Ware per chance?

    Adam Hallett <macadamtosh@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<BD4A7915.3B25%macadamtosh@earthlink.net>...
    > On 8/19/04 9:50 AM, in article
    > 68c0a433.0408190650.10dc55f2@posting.google.com, "Oxygen Software"
    > <support@opm-2.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Adam Hallett <macadamtosh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >> I just got my genuine nokia cable in the mail. I installed the drivers. I
    > >> forgot to activate with them with XP, and installed the Nokia suite. So I
    > >> activated them, uninstalled the Nokia suite, and reinstalled the Nokia
    > >> suite. The drivers and the Nokia suite installed fine. But my phone
    > >> doesn't show up. By the way, I'm using the Nokia USB cable, and I'm running
    > >> Virtual PC.
    > >
    > > If you are running some PC emulator on MAC, Linux or BSD ('virtual
    > > PC'), then, unfortunately, it won't function.
    > You see that's the obvious answer when something like this arises. But the
    > real answer lies in a bug in the USB code in Virtual PC that has yet to be
    > fixed. I tried Oxygen phone manager, it doesn't work either. The thing is,
    > it's recognizing my cable. When I plug it in Virtual PC makes a sound. The
    > drivers and the software installed perfectly. Clearly there must be a
    > solution. Perhaps Blue Label will run it. The cable is genuine Nokia.

    Thank you for your reply!

    Our program won't function on Mac under any emulator. The problem is
    not only in 'bug' in USB connection, but, unfortunately, we cannot
    reveal further details. Simply, it function on PC's only at present.
    Indeed, we will think about Mac version, but not in nearest future.

    incumbent <incumbent@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<xUbVc.295$A91.138@okepread02>...
    > Adam Hallett wrote:
    >
    > >>If you are running some PC emulator on MAC, Linux or BSD ('virtual
    > >>PC'), then, unfortunately, it won't function.
    >
    > Oxygen people - it isn't a MAC, it's a Mac.

    Sorry for mistyping!

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    On 8/24/04 10:19 AM, in article
    68c0a433.0408240719.59f2be9f@posting.google.com, "Oxygen Software"
    <support@opm-2.com> wrote:

    > Adam Hallett <macadamtosh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> On 8/19/04 9:50 AM, in article
    >> 68c0a433.0408190650.10dc55f2@posting.google.com, "Oxygen Software"
    >> <support@opm-2.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Adam Hallett <macadamtosh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> If you are running some PC emulator on MAC, Linux or BSD ('virtual
    >>> PC'), then, unfortunately, it won't function.
    >> You see that's the obvious answer when something like this arises. But the
    >> real answer lies in a bug in the USB code in Virtual PC that has yet to be
    >> fixed. I tried Oxygen phone manager, it doesn't work either. The thing is,
    >> it's recognizing my cable. When I plug it in Virtual PC makes a sound. The
    >> drivers and the software installed perfectly. Clearly there must be a
    >> solution. Perhaps Blue Label will run it. The cable is genuine Nokia.
    >>

    > Thank you for your reply!
    >
    > Our program won't function on Mac under any emulator. The problem is
    > not only in 'bug' in USB connection, but, unfortunately, we cannot
    > reveal further details. Simply, it function on PC's only at present.
    > Indeed, we will think about Mac version, but not in nearest future.

    Well the bug must be in the Nokia drivers, because it doesn't work with the
    Nokia suite either. So unless you have the source code to the DKU-5
    drivers, I doubt you even know.

    > If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
    > program, feel free to post them on our official forum
    > http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
    >
    > Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    > Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
    > support@oxygensoftware.com
    > http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    > http://www.smsactivex.com/

Nokia Drivers Cable