user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I'm using XP Home SP 1. I opened Control Panel today and noticed a
new icon in there -- it's called "User Accounts 2" and is sitting
right next to the regular "User Accounts" icon.

Where did this come from? Why is it there? What should I do?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

Like David said, "You added it."

1. Right hand side
Add ControlUserPasswords2 To Control Panel

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e69691983jvnok3tmv5a45qs43iv9ej2pr@4ax.com,
<*(((><{ <*(((> hunted and pecked:
> I'm using XP Home SP 1. I opened Control Panel today and noticed a
> new icon in there -- it's called "User Accounts 2" and is sitting
> right next to the regular "User Accounts" icon.
>
> Where did this come from? Why is it there? What should I do?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi guys --
Thanks Wes. All three of you agreed that "I added it." To which
I was about to reply, "I DID NO SUCH THING!" -- until I reached Wes'
post. Dear Wes, you have identified the source of my tweaking-frenzy
and jogged my age-addled memory. I agree, I admit, that I added it.
Knowing this puts me at ease; if I added it, as I indeed did, then my
computer has not been hacked by some unknown outsider.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 24 May 2005 09:15:30 -0600,
"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:

|Like David said, "You added it."
|
|1. Right hand side
|Add ControlUserPasswords2 To Control Panel
|http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

I hate getting old. ;-(

As Rose once said, "I can forget easier than I can remember." ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eek:gj6919gqjgeeqe0bqoob7kddbrlbi2jjb@4ax.com,
<*(((><{ <*(((> hunted and pecked:
> Hi guys --
> Thanks Wes. All three of you agreed that "I added it." To which
> I was about to reply, "I DID NO SUCH THING!" -- until I reached Wes'
> post. Dear Wes, you have identified the source of my tweaking-frenzy
> and jogged my age-addled memory. I agree, I admit, that I added it.
> Knowing this puts me at ease; if I added it, as I indeed did, then my
> computer has not been hacked by some unknown outsider.
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net
>
> In the last exciting episode on Tue, 24 May 2005 09:15:30 -0600,
> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Like David said, "You added it."
>>
>> 1. Right hand side
>> Add ControlUserPasswords2 To Control Panel

ZerO

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2003

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote:

> I'm using XP Home SP 1. I opened Control Panel today and noticed a
> new icon in there -- it's called "User Accounts 2" and is sitting
> right next to the regular "User Accounts" icon.
>
> Where did this come from? Why is it there? What should I do?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net

the default user accounts control panel applet is located at
%windir%\system32\nusrmgr.cpl
Try checking if there's a nusrmgr(2).cpl or whatever, and delete that.
Just to be on the safe side, don't delete it from your trashcan (or
what's that called in English) until after you restarted and tested the
control panel.

Also check the registry key under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control
Panel\Extended Properties
That lists all the control panel applets. Under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control
Panel\don't load
you can add string values for applets that should not be loaded. For
example if you don't want to load nusrmgr.cpl, just add a string value
with the name nusrmgr.cpl and no contents.

zero

You added it.

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
> I'm using XP Home SP 1. I opened Control Panel today and noticed a
> new icon in there -- it's called "User Accounts 2" and is sitting
> right next to the regular "User Accounts" icon.
>
> Where did this come from? Why is it there? What should I do?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net

I wrote that reg file on Kelly's site.

> I hate getting old. ;-(
>
> As Rose once said, "I can forget easier than I can remember." ;-)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:eek:gj6919gqjgeeqe0bqoob7kddbrlbi2jjb@4ax.com,
> <*(((><{ <*(((> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi guys --
> > Thanks Wes. All three of you agreed that "I added it." To which
> > I was about to reply, "I DID NO SUCH THING!" -- until I reached Wes'
> > post. Dear Wes, you have identified the source of my tweaking-frenzy
> > and jogged my age-addled memory. I agree, I admit, that I added it.
> > Knowing this puts me at ease; if I added it, as I indeed did, then my
> > computer has not been hacked by some unknown outsider.
> >
> > <*((((><{
> > Fishy@Ocean.Net
> >
> > In the last exciting episode on Tue, 24 May 2005 09:15:30 -0600,
> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Like David said, "You added it."
> >>
> >> 1. Right hand side
> >> Add ControlUserPasswords2 To Control Panel
> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

David, I find a lot of your stuff at Kelly's and Ramesh's sites.

Here also...
http://www.mvps.org/serenitymacros/

Trouble is you last updated your site on 27 October 2000. ;-(

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eW$BoQLYFHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
> I wrote that reg file on Kelly's site.

>> I hate getting old. ;-(
>>
>> As Rose once said, "I can forget easier than I can remember." ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:eek:gj6919gqjgeeqe0bqoob7kddbrlbi2jjb@4ax.com,
>> <*(((><{ <*(((> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi guys --
>>> Thanks Wes. All three of you agreed that "I added it." To which
>>> I was about to reply, "I DID NO SUCH THING!" -- until I reached Wes'
>>> post. Dear Wes, you have identified the source of my tweaking-frenzy
>>> and jogged my age-addled memory. I agree, I admit, that I added it.
>>> Knowing this puts me at ease; if I added it, as I indeed did, then my
>>> computer has not been hacked by some unknown outsider.
>>>
>>> <*((((><{
>>> Fishy@Ocean.Net

I won't play guess the password games. I have a later version for my own
use. There's even more keys if one searches Help on doskey.
> David, I find a lot of your stuff at Kelly's and Ramesh's sites.
>
> Here also...
> http://www.mvps.org/serenitymacros/
>
> Trouble is you last updated your site on 27 October 2000. ;-(
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:eW$BoQLYFHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
> > I wrote that reg file on Kelly's site.
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> I hate getting old. ;-(
> >>
> >> As Rose once said, "I can forget easier than I can remember." ;-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:eek:gj6919gqjgeeqe0bqoob7kddbrlbi2jjb@4ax.com,
> >> <*(((><{ <*(((> hunted and pecked:

Yes, but is is so much fun to learn new things ... even if
they are the same things each day !!

mikey (of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most .. )