Dual Monitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignick18

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Sorry if I overlooked any threads that answer this didnt see anything when I searched the forums. Any ways I want to set up my monitor for checking internet or media control while playing games on my TV. I have played with Radeons ATI catalyst for a while and couldnt figure out how to do this. I can get it so i can scroll the mouse through the side of the page or top. What I would like is to have it be a key or key combination to switch between monitors. Is there a way to have it set up like that?

I have a xfx DD 7950

Solution
Well... that is something I want to have myself but I don't know too. When gaming, the mouse cursor is usually gone when the gaming screen is active in full screen & the only way to make it re-appear is to "Alt"+"tab". But that is cumbersome at the least.

Sorry I can not help at the moment but I am also interested in finding the answer to your question. Let us see if someone who knows comes to this thread.

By the way, have you tried Windows+"tab" or "alt"+"tab" while gaming? I do not have a PC game installed in my laptop so I just run ppt on slide show & tried it. It seems I can swap windows on my second monitor that way but I do not know if it works while the game is in full screen.

randomkid

Distinguished
By "switch between monitor" do you mean the display content of the monitors are swapped?

Or switch which windows are displayed in a particular monitor without moving the mouse? For this case, you can try pressing Windows + tab in which case, you can see the windows rolling & choose what you want to have in front.

bignick18

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Well thats kinda fun lol. I would like to have it so say im playing a game and want to change movie or alter netflix on the other monitor. Is there a way to have each monitor be separated by a key command instead of moving the mouse through the side of the monitor. For an example

Instead of it being 1|2 right next to each other i want it to be be seperate until i enter a keyboard command like alt+F5. Sorry if im not explaining well I dont know the appropriate jargon for what im asking.

randomkid

Distinguished
Well... that is something I want to have myself but I don't know too. When gaming, the mouse cursor is usually gone when the gaming screen is active in full screen & the only way to make it re-appear is to "Alt"+"tab". But that is cumbersome at the least.

Sorry I can not help at the moment but I am also interested in finding the answer to your question. Let us see if someone who knows comes to this thread.

By the way, have you tried Windows+"tab" or "alt"+"tab" while gaming? I do not have a PC game installed in my laptop so I just run ppt on slide show & tried it. It seems I can swap windows on my second monitor that way but I do not know if it works while the game is in full screen.

Solution

bignick18

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
I have this desire cause im a security guard and the monitor system we use in order to go to the top or bottom monitor you just press Right alt+Page up to switch between monitors entirely. I would love a set up like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS