Sign in with
Your question

Yet another motherboard question for new build

Last response: in Systems
August 10, 2012 9:32:25 AM

Hey guys, I am getting a new build soon and I am quite satisfied with my parts but I am a bit iffy about the motherboard I chose. I posted in the last couple of days a question about whether the "Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H" was a decent gaming motherboard and I got some helpful replies but I just want a few more clarifications.

I have noticed on a few of the 'new build, need advice'-esque topics that alot of people are recommending the "ASrock extreme4 Z77" motherboard for the majority of builds.

I am just wondering, is it worth getting that motherboard over the Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H? Is it a better motherboard overall?

Here are some quick links for your convenience if you can be bothered to help me -

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=... (Gigabyte)

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/ (ASrock)

BY THE WAY - I plan on getting a GTX 670 and an i7 3770K in my build, are there any other motherboards that are better then the two I just mentioned that are not too much higher in price? If so, tell me:) 

I may go SLI or crossfire in the future, so I want to have a motherboard that has room for upgrades and is up to gaming grade :) 

Thanks in advance
August 10, 2012 11:29:39 AM

Anyone? :) 
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
August 10, 2012 4:00:13 PM

To be honest, the only two reasons I'd go with the Gigabyte board are:

1) More USB 3.0 headers (6 vs. 2)
2) Dual Lan

Unless you need those two options, I don't see any reason to spend the extra money on the Gigabyte board.

-Wolf sends
m
l
Related resources
August 11, 2012 5:37:48 AM

Thanks man!
m
l
August 11, 2012 10:15:14 AM

Wait wait... Asrock is competetive just because their motherboards are good in value that means that they are cheap and perform very good. also gigabyte yeah its the same but u pay for it more. and Asrock motherboards usually got more expansion slots for GPU's even tho those motherboards are cheap but perform very well. So u can go CF or SLI with GTX 670 or other gpu's. but gigabyte is more trusted than Asrock u know they are more longer in the business on motherboards and yeah i think it's up to you u can go for Asrock or Gigabyte. other than that ASUS are the best right now so it might change your mind.
m
l
!