Dropped something on the Motherboard

anneng

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Hi

I recently had this problem.. I was working on my connections when I accidentally dropped the charger adapter on the mother board of my laptop. The computer was fine then when suddenly it stopped working so I turned it off. When I turned it on.. it was on boot system and requires a boot disk. I don't have a boot disk. It also says error and "connect to Ethernet".. I tried turning it on and of thinking that maybe it was just a temporary problem. But days after,,it started making this annoying beep which made me think that my laptop was totally broken. Is there any other way that you might wanna suggest how to fix this? Did it happened to you before? Please.. help me.. thanx!!

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
first off are you able to get a new laptop? also that seems like it may have cut a line and making the computer lose its track(aka totaled) what you can try is this

1.Reset your cmos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdp_L5IxaNI

2. Take the laptop to geeksquad and have them look at it...(do this last because they do tend to charge a bit excessively)

3. buy a new laptop and trash yours...

4. You can call the manufacturer and say that this just started after playing a game and it just stopped(aka lying{not the best idea but hey it is somthing but i dont recommend it})

5. well that is all i have again sorry if i cant help all that much but your problem is with hardware and the only way to fix that is to either replace it or to soder(rebuild)it back together which will take at least 1 or 2 years in college :(