So I'm doing a new build and have all my core components
i7 3770k
noctua nh-d14
8gb corsair vengeance low profile ddr3 1600
evga geforce gtx 690
corsair force series gt 120gb sdd
1tb wd caviar black hdd
corsair 1050w hx psu
I just need a case and I'm not a fan of all those flashy cases with bright leds and aggressive gaming looking cases. I was looking into a few already
Fractal design define r4
Fractal design define xl
corsair 650d, 550d and 500r
bitfenix shinobi
bitfenix colossus
I want a classy looking case with good airflow but also quiet. Any help or suggestions will be great
Thanks!! :) 

More about : picking case

December 26, 2012 4:27:53 AM

How much u want to spend in case.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
December 26, 2012 4:34:53 AM

Well any of those cases are great, although if you're going to do custom water cooling someday or SLI, you'll want to go with a quality case like the corsair 650D. But if you give us a budget maybe we can suggest a good case for your money.

By the way, are you planing to do SLI in the future? Because the Crosair 1050HX is a lot even for a single GTX 690.
m
l
Related resources
December 26, 2012 4:37:40 AM

I might do sli but not for a while maybe in another year or longer. and For the price I'm willing to go at least $230usd but that's stretching it.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
December 26, 2012 4:49:34 AM

Then corsair 650D is great, great quality case and looks very sleek. But I'm not sure if it will handle the heat of 2 GTX 690 because it doesn't have side ventilation.

Edit: I'm sorry I didn't know Corsair sells a mesh side panel for the 650D, so if you're going for a SLI and you need more airflow you can buy this:
http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/case-parts/obsidian-ser...
m
l
December 26, 2012 4:55:18 AM

Yeah I really like the looks of that case but I also thought of that problem.
What about the Bitfenix colossus window? I like how it has a door to cover the optical drives and you could put a 120/140mm fan on the side. You can also do this with all the other cases I mentioned. Take a look at the new Fractal Design define xl r2. It's not out yeat but looks like it can be pretty good with airflow.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
December 26, 2012 5:07:34 AM

The Fractal XL R2 looks good, like the R4 but bigger. And i think it has potential for water cooling. I don't know about the Bitfenix Colossus, seems like it has a lot of plastic and maybe is not to the par to other cases in that price range.
m
l
December 26, 2012 5:25:12 AM

Yeah it does look like a good case. I've seen some review on the R4 and read some good things about it. Even Tiny Tom Logan recommends it haha If you watch his videos? Would you prefer the h100i or the noctua nh-d14 or a watercooling kit from xspc? I'm not really a big fan of watercooling even though it looks really cool.
m
l
December 26, 2012 7:46:22 AM

Damn you, your choice is too plain..
I can only suggest Cool-Master HAF Full-Tower or Mid-Tower depending on what you need..

Sry don't really like plain Case so cant suggest one among you choose
m
l
a c 122 ) Power supply
December 26, 2012 8:19:18 AM

Case – Corsair Graphite 600t White Edition

I realize that this case might be to much for you i am going to recommend it anyway it's not to busy with leds and all that it's sexy yet at the sametime classy, when it comes to computer cases, there really are only a few that can match the elegance of the Corsair Graphite 600T. With its sleek high gloss plastic accents, the 600T gives off that “wow” feeling, making it worthy of any enthusiast system. As usual with Corsair cases, they’ve done a terrific job at maximizing space in the case as well, so you should have no trouble getting everything to fit nicely. Corsair has always been masters of innovative cable management design as well and on the 600T, you’ll see nothing less.
m
l
December 26, 2012 4:12:51 PM

Thanks bigcyco1 I'm looking at those cases and the corsair 600t is not bad its pretty nice!
m
l
December 26, 2012 8:35:33 PM

What about the cooler master storm trooper? Its a pretty cool looking case, doesn't have a crazy look to it and I'm sure it has great airflow.
m
l

Best solution

a c 122 ) Power supply
December 26, 2012 8:44:09 PM

Yes it's a great case as well.I use to have it only reason i changed it was for watercooling reasons.I did not want to bother with modifying it to lazy lol.
December 27, 2012 2:34:36 AM

Best answer selected by gloo69.
m
l
!