NZXT Phantom or Switch 810 or Corsair C70

mushmann

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Hello,

Im looking for a case that can support a Corsair H100 without too much trouble. Preferably a black and white case but i will still consider others. A side window would be a bonus but not a must and same with a fan controller.

Thanks in advance, Mushmann

mInInOwA

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
The corsair C70 has everything - great build quality, large window and supports That large radiator from H100, what else do you really need? Plus I have never seen anything cooler than those power and reset buttons, they're just sub-zero or as Kid Cudi said in a song: "cooler than a polar bear's toes".

mushmann

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

Thanks Tassietim, i had a look at the Shinobi XL, it can easily take a H100 and isn't epensive, but i'm not a huge fan on the all black look. Although there is a white version coming out soon which, with a few LED fans will be awesome.

Thanks, Mushmann

mushmann

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

Haha mInInOwA, your right about the C70 having everything, and I do love the reset button, but it's a bit too square for me. I like the rugged design of it, but the side window isn't 100% clear due to the mounting holes for 2 fans which block the view of the inside. What do you think of the other two cases, the Phantom and Switch 810, or do you think the C70 is just a better case?

Thanks, Mushmann

mushmann

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

Ok thanks, where does it go?. Because i'm not sure if a duel radiator would fit at the top of the case with the big fan, or do the brackets that come with the case solve this?

mInInOwA

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

It's not just my personal opinion that the C70 is best, the people at techpowerup think similarly. I found these reviews, which cover two of the cases - The Switch 810 and the C70. Both are written by the same author, which only makes it easier for you to compare the two cases directly. Here are the links - Corsair C70: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Vengeance_C70/ and The NZXT Switch 810: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Switch_810/1.html If you are truly thinking about buying one of these cases, then read the reviews thoroughly. OK, I must admit, the C70 is a bit pricey, but trust me, you won't forget it, because that will be the part of the PC, which you'll be seeing everyday. Yes, the window has holes in it, which might cause it to lose some aesthetic value, but what is lost by looks is regained by practicality, quality and overall design. Word of advice, my friend built a new computer and used a case from cooler master called Elite 430. The case had everything he wanted - a side window, it supported large video cards, all-black interior, but the case itself was a bit flimsy, it's really lightweight and he is not impressed by the overall quality. Now, he regrets going cheap on the case and wished he'd gotten himself a HAF 912. On the other hand my CM Stacker from cooler master has only made me smile for the last 5 years. Just remember, whatever choice you make, it's your computer and you'll be the one who sees it everyday. ;)

mushmann

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

Thanks for the two links, they really helped me better understand the two cases. The Switch 810 has better looks but some gimmicky features I wont use, whereas the C70 is a lot more sturdy looking with it's aluminum body and more practical design but to me, doesn't have the same look of the Switch 810. But in the end I value practicality and functionality over looks. So I will most likely get the Corsair C70. I have had a look at PC Case Gear and its selling for $169 with $24 shipping. If you know of any other places that sell it cheaply can you tell me but if not don't worry. Thanks for all the help.

mInInOwA

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Unfortunately, I can't recommend any other places, where you could get this case for less, because I don't live in Australia (judging by the site - PC Case Gear). However, you could try searching the internet for other shops and maybe get a better deal. Anyway, I'm really happy that I could help you and I hope you enjoy your case!

mushmann

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

Thanks for all the help with choosing my case, I really appreciate it. I will most likely buy my case from PCCG but I will check for any other places that sell it cheaply.

Thanks Mushmann.

KingKnight

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013

You can buy a clear window without fan holes ( Smoked or Clear ) from mnpctech :)

TRENDING THREADS