Athlon II & HD 7770

ohyes247

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
ok i am wondering if the Athlon II X4 quad core will bottleneck the 7770... I'm not familiar with the term... but i do know i should have a cpu thats a good match for the gpu.. So im just wondering if its good enough for games so it doesent make my gpu useless.. just got the gpu 2 days ago and games seem fine running skyrim at everything ultra and 8xAA and 16xAF and atleast 35-40fps but still just want to make sure.

System:
2x4GB Ripjaws G.skill ram
1x4GB Crucial ram
Total:12GB ram

AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz

HIS iCooler Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5

Foxconn 2AB1 mobo

Diablotek EL 500w

ohyes247

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

Yeah man it handles it... i play it right now with the ENB series and HD texture pack both enabled at the same with atleast 35-40 fps in intense places.

Xttony

Distinguished

The requirements of skyrim is quite low. It uses much less resources. Your card might lag on games like crysis 2 if it is being bottlenecked by the CPU.
Also the resolution in which you re playing also makes a huge difference.
What is the resolution you use currently?
If the resolution is less than full hd then chances are that your card won't be bottlenecked at all for the current released games.

Yeah could overclock some to be safe for skyrim, but if u dont have aftermarket cooling then not much, but a decent upgrade would be a phenom II X6 1045t its still under 3.0Ghz at 2.8, but its 2 more cores plus its $100 from tigerdirect and a phenom which is better than athlon, but again no need for an upgrade since ur not having problems lol

Xttony

Distinguished

You are fine, then there won't be any problems with your CPU since the card itself will not need to run at full for present games. the next probable game that will put your card down will be crysis 3