Sign in with
Your question

Not exactly sure whats wrong...

Last response: in Components
December 26, 2012 5:00:02 AM

So for about a month now I have had this problem where my computer will lose connection with the router. After this happens nothing will make it reconnect aside from restarting. However, when I restart it will take up to an hour for it to do so. Usually because I don't want to risk damaging it with a hard reset I just walk off and wait for it to eventually restart. But one day I came in just as it was finishing up and saw that it blue screens at the end of it's attempt to restart. I tried to read the details of it but it shut down before I could read it. THEN it decided to start back up as if nothing was wrong, which I found to be a bit aggravating if no one minds me saying. I have scanned and checked thoroughly for any viruses that could be causing this problem. I am honestly at a loss.

More about : whats wrong

December 26, 2012 7:24:07 AM

Hi, It might be a controller issue. A solution would be disabling the onboard LAN controller and installing a PCI or USB LAN card.
m
l
December 28, 2012 1:05:12 AM

I already have a asus lan card installed and when I go through the controller it doesn't say anything is wrong in any area, nor does disconnecting seem to change anything. When the problem arises it is like I am locked out of the LAN controller and as usual the only option is to shut off the computer to make it work again.
m
l
December 28, 2012 1:31:08 AM

Blue screens are usually hardware problems try taking the lan card out and see if it restarts properly if it does its either the card or the slot it's plugged into is the card pci or pci-e
m
l
!