HELP, Driver restart and recovered !

dsgncore

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Hello,

Recently i have upgraded my ati radeon hd 4600 into ati radeon hd 5750.
Before i changed it, i can play any games or Diablo3 just fine, but now..eversince i've installed my new radeon 5750 the screen would go freeze and resumes normally and then freeze again.
And when i switched to window, there's a warning says : " AMD driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered ".

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't bother to ask same questions as everyone who got this problem but i just can't seem to nail the culprit.

What i did ( with zero success ) :

- Underclock using Catalyst 12.3 - 12.4 ~ it helped but the game stutter (lagging)

- Remove old driver using Drivesweeper and install the newest driver and i used Device Manager also

- Tried to switched back to radeon 4600 and the game was running excellent.

- Did Furmark and OCCT, and i did the 3D GPU test, the result was a million of errors with no artifacts. ( and also in the middle of the test, the driver restart and recovered too )

- Double check my audio driver and they are already on the latest version.

- I did GPUz too, there were no indications of bad RAM or whatsoever.

- When ati radeon 5750 installed, i did AMD overdrive and "autotune ". Mostly have failed and again in the middle of the test the driver restarted. The temp was around 42 - 62

This is my spec :

P41T - ES3G Gigabyte
Intel core 2 duo E7500 @ 2,93 GHZ, 2933 mhz
4 gb RAM
Windows 7 32 bit
PSU Powerlogic 450 watt (magnum 250 ) But pure power only deliver less than 300 watt if i'm not mistaken.

I have not tested my VGA card on any other PC, although it seems to narrow down the possibilities.

Please, this is frustating..any input would be good.

Thank you

cybersheep

Honorable
May 6, 2012
since you have switched them and you have had no problems with the other one we can safely assume its your new card. Did you buy it used? also are you sure your power supply can handle that card? some power supply's say they are 500w but cannot actually sustain 500w constantly.

dsgncore

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Hi,

I even cannot start the game..even when i try to log in, the game would freeze for like 5 secs and it resumes again normally for 3 seconds and it freezes again.
I have tried to change the game's resolution to low and windowed mode and it still gave me the same warning.

I'm sorry but what do you mean by " would be a crash and restart " ? i was kind of hoping that this is PSU problem, CMIIW but does faulty card usually give artifacts?

I turned the Vsync off and on and still no luck

dsgncore

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

I bought it new, in fact it was 3 days ago. I'd go fro RMA but i need to check what it the exact problem.
About the PSU, i'm not sure myself because the sticker says 450 watt, 350 watt pure power..i don't know what this means..does it mean my PSU only provide 350 watt? And also HIS ATI RADEON 5750 HD requires 450 watt..i've read the box when i bought the card and i was so sure that my PSU can handle it.

But all my friends say my PSU is a junk, and maybe..just maybe it's the PSU

I meant shut down and restart itself. I would replace the PSU anyway since it is low end.

I'd replace the entire system if I were you, it's time. I would also upgrade the monitor while your at it.

If your playing Diablo 3 "just fine" with integrated HD4600, then you must have a tiny monitor.

Otherwise, get a new monitor, a faster gpu and a new power supply, then overclock your cpu.