Screen Saver Error

At work I want to change my Screen Saver, but I get the following Error
Message Window:

Logon Screen Saver
This Screen Saver has no options that you can set

Is there a work around for this ?

--
scottgoodmenPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
2 answers Last reply

    [[Error Message:
    This screen saver has no options that you can set.

    Explanation:
    The Desktop Window's Screen Save option usually allows you to set a number
    of options, including such things as the length and width of the Screen
    Saver. These options differ, depending upon the type of Screen Saver that
    you select, and the one that you have currently selected has no options that
    you can set.

    User Action:
    No action is needed.]]
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/1792.asp

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1oCdnReuDPi1yA7fRVn_vA@giganews.com,
    scottgoodmen <scottgoodmen.1pjnrc@> hunted and pecked:
    > At work I want to change my Screen Saver, but I get the following Error
    > Message Window:
    >
    > Logon Screen Saver
    > This Screen Saver has no options that you can set
    >
    > Is there a work around for this ?
    >

    > --
    > scottgoodmenPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
  2. Dear sir

    I have faced the same problem at work and have solved it this way:

    1) Open the Registration Editor by Start menu > Run > enter "regedit"
    2) Go here: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\WINDOWS\CONTROL PANEL\DESKTOP" (or use Ctrl + F)
    3) Double click the binary data files and change their "value data"
    ScreenSaveActive --> whether you're applying a screensaver
    ScreenSaveTimeOut --> seconds after screensaver is activated

    I am using Windows XP. Hope this method for you too!

    jen

Configuration Newsgroup Microsoft Customization Windows XP