Screen Saver Error

May 24, 2005 9:06:44 PM

At work I want to change my Screen Saver, but I get the following Error
Message Window:

Logon Screen Saver
This Screen Saver has no options that you can set

Is there a work around for this ?

--
scottgoodmenPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

More about : screen saver error

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:06:45 PM

[[Error Message:
This screen saver has no options that you can set.

Explanation:
The Desktop Window's Screen Save option usually allows you to set a number
of options, including such things as the length and width of the Screen
Saver. These options differ, depending upon the type of Screen Saver that
you select, and the one that you have currently selected has no options that
you can set.

User Action:
No action is needed.]]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1oCdnReuDPi1yA7fRVn_vA@giganews.com,
scottgoodmen <scottgoodmen.1pjnrc@> hunted and pecked:
> At work I want to change my Screen Saver, but I get the following Error
> Message Window:
>
> Logon Screen Saver
> This Screen Saver has no options that you can set
>
> Is there a work around for this ?
>

> --
> scottgoodmenPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
October 7, 2009 8:27:24 AM

Dear sir

I have faced the same problem at work and have solved it this way:

1) Open the Registration Editor by Start menu > Run > enter "regedit"
2) Go here: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\WINDOWS\CONTROL PANEL\DESKTOP" (or use Ctrl + F)
3) Double click the binary data files and change their "value data"
ScreenSaveActive --> whether you're applying a screensaver
ScreenSaveTimeOut --> seconds after screensaver is activated

I am using Windows XP. Hope this method for you too!

jen
!