Log File

Since 1.6 came out, every time I load WoW I get a log file icon on my
desktop. Anyone else having this happen and if so, what is it.

I've been deleting it because it's annoying but I wonder if it's
supposed to be somewher else and if it has any uses.

Any info would be appreciated.
5 answers Last reply
More about file

    I just made it hidden. lol

    On 21 Jul 2005 06:33:37 -0700, "Jimbob" <richard.burkinshaw@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I just made it hidden. lol

    Yes, I am also getting this annoying folder/log.

    -Bitter

    Jack Hollis wrote:
    > Since 1.6 came out, every time I load WoW I get a log file icon on my
    > desktop. Anyone else having this happen and if so, what is it.
    >
    > I've been deleting it because it's annoying but I wonder if it's
    > supposed to be somewher else and if it has any uses.
    >
    > Any info would be appreciated.

    Yup, I had that too. The fix is easy though:

    1) Delete your WoW desktop shortcut
    2) Delete the desktop log folder
    3) Create a new WoW desktop shortcut
    4) Enjoy

    Devast8or

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:36:07 +0200, "Devast8or"
    <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

    >Jack Hollis wrote:
    >> Since 1.6 came out, every time I load WoW I get a log file icon on my
    >> desktop. Anyone else having this happen and if so, what is it.
    >>
    >> I've been deleting it because it's annoying but I wonder if it's
    >> supposed to be somewher else and if it has any uses.
    >>
    >> Any info would be appreciated.
    >
    >Yup, I had that too. The fix is easy though:
    >
    >1) Delete your WoW desktop shortcut
    >2) Delete the desktop log folder
    >3) Create a new WoW desktop shortcut
    >4) Enjoy
    >
    >Devast8or

    Thanks! AGW comes through again.

    Also thanks to Blizzard for another enjoyable computing experience.

    "Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > Jack Hollis wrote:
    >> Since 1.6 came out, every time I load WoW I get a log file icon on my
    >> desktop. Anyone else having this happen and if so, what is it.
    >>
    >> I've been deleting it because it's annoying but I wonder if it's
    >> supposed to be somewher else and if it has any uses.
    >>
    >> Any info would be appreciated.
    >
    > Yup, I had that too. The fix is easy though:
    >
    > 1) Delete your WoW desktop shortcut
    > 2) Delete the desktop log folder
    > 3) Create a new WoW desktop shortcut
    > 4) Enjoy

    Thanks didn't want to post it again or tell them to pay more attention.
    > Devast8or

World Of Warcraft Video Games