Log File

Since 1.6 came out, every time I load WoW I get a log file icon on my
desktop. Anyone else having this happen and if so, what is it.

I've been deleting it because it's annoying but I wonder if it's
supposed to be somewher else and if it has any uses.

Any info would be appreciated.

Godot

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2005

On 21 Jul 2005 06:33:37 -0700, "Jimbob" <richard.burkinshaw@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I just made it hidden. lol

Yes, I am also getting this annoying folder/log.

-Bitter

Jack Hollis wrote:
> Since 1.6 came out, every time I load WoW I get a log file icon on my
> desktop. Anyone else having this happen and if so, what is it.
>
> I've been deleting it because it's annoying but I wonder if it's
> supposed to be somewher else and if it has any uses.
>
> Any info would be appreciated.

Yup, I had that too. The fix is easy though:

1) Delete your WoW desktop shortcut
2) Delete the desktop log folder
3) Create a new WoW desktop shortcut
4) Enjoy

Devast8or

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:36:07 +0200, "Devast8or"
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Jack Hollis wrote:
>> Since 1.6 came out, every time I load WoW I get a log file icon on my
>> desktop. Anyone else having this happen and if so, what is it.
>>
>> I've been deleting it because it's annoying but I wonder if it's
>> supposed to be somewher else and if it has any uses.
>>
>> Any info would be appreciated.
>
>Yup, I had that too. The fix is easy though:
>
>1) Delete your WoW desktop shortcut
>2) Delete the desktop log folder
>3) Create a new WoW desktop shortcut
>4) Enjoy
>
>Devast8or

Thanks! AGW comes through again.

Also thanks to Blizzard for another enjoyable computing experience.

"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Jack Hollis wrote:
>> Since 1.6 came out, every time I load WoW I get a log file icon on my
>> desktop. Anyone else having this happen and if so, what is it.
>>
>> I've been deleting it because it's annoying but I wonder if it's
>> supposed to be somewher else and if it has any uses.
>>
>> Any info would be appreciated.
>
> Yup, I had that too. The fix is easy though:
>
> 1) Delete your WoW desktop shortcut
> 2) Delete the desktop log folder
> 3) Create a new WoW desktop shortcut
> 4) Enjoy

Thanks didn't want to post it again or tell them to pay more attention.