GTX 460 2GB as physx card?

tenderfoot72

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Just bought MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr and was curious if there is any benefit using my old GTX 460 2GB as a dedicated physx card...? Thoughts? Thanks.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
well i am using a gtx 680 too and up to now i didn't saw any physx rendering problem, but normally adding another card for that helps.

if your psu can handle both video cards (680 + 460) togheter, try it, but i don't think there will be much performance difference, if can sell that 460, that is probably the way to go. but if you have a good PSU try it first maybe you can win some FPS in games like Batman.

tenderfoot72

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Thanks guys! Figured it would be futile but u never know till u ask... I have a silverstone strider gold 850 so I didn't think i should be too concerned about the PSU. Cooling might have become an issue with the 2 cards slammed together in there anyhow...?

I literally cant think of too many other games that use Physx other than Mafia II. Almost no games on the market today implement Physx, and I believe its becoming obsolete in a way.

Maybe sell the 460 and treat yourself, maybe get another hard drive.....some case lighting......some fun stuff. Or just put it in your bank account.