XFX double D 7770 looks like the 7750? Help please.

purxiz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
Hi, first time poster. Recently I purchased this card for my new build, but when I received it, it had 2 DVI ports, and in fact looked exactly like the 7750 that XFX also offers. Is there anywhere I can verify that I received the correct card? It said r7770 on the box.

EDIT: Here are some pictures of the card: http://imgur.com/a/eKtof

Solution
Yes by the clock speed. The 7750 runs 800/900mhz core, the 7770 runs at least 1000mhz core.

You can see the core speed under catalyst control center under the performance tab.

purxiz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012

Thank you, my card is clocked at 7770 speeds. Do you have any idea why it would have an extra DVI port and no crossfire slot?

Sometimes some manufacturers decide to not put the crossfire connector, and they sometimes decided on different configurations of display connectors.

I have a 6770, that is a single slot model, and doesnt have a CF connector either. Sorta weird.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

some models are a little different in the connectors probably you only received one like that...

but what do you mean by no crossfire slot? i can see in your pictures there is YEs a crossfire slot to plug the crossfire bridge;

if you were referring to the crossfire BRIDGE it comes with the motherboard box if it supports it, normally it does not come in GPU box.

purxiz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
Thanks everybody, it turns out the card's design has changed and the description/pictures on most sites still have not been updated!

And yes, it does have a crossfire port, that's just my ignorance showing :p