Which Cabinet to choose?

As the Topic already Said, I need a good Cabinet. :hello:
My specs that will fit in are:

i5 3470
GTX 660
600w PSU
Micro ATX Mobo

Website preferred : http://www.flipkart.com/computers/computer-components/cabinets/pr?sid=6bo%2Cg0i%2C1fz&ref=9ffb9613-730a-4f5d-a42b-007db61fd49c
I want it to be real Big, so my Parts get much space to keep them cool :whistle:
Budget is Rupees 5,000. Nothing more than this :lol:

I want to install many fans. So, please tell me how much fans could I install in them
How to install Fans and where to install them?

I want a Airflow like this:

I've chose one of them http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-300r/p/itmd8bfzeqz4yfqc?pid=CABD8BYGYYF6U4HP&ref=bfcc28f1-807d-445d-99ea-dabf2d190381&srno=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=Corsair%20300
And this one too http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-haf-912-combat-mid-tower-cabinet/p/itmdfb2eztya5z5s?pid=CABDFB2DMMZVSZDU&ref=34c6f8b1-b676-45b5-a4d2-31c13e0dfc56
Is it good enough to Handle many fans and Other specs?
Which is better
40 answers Last reply
More about which cabinet choose
  1. corsair 300r: http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-300r/p/itmd8bfzeqz4yfqc?pid=CABD8BYGYYF6U4HP&ref=5e31543b-bf80-418f-9ce3-67031661b142

corsair make really good hardware. i have a 650d case and it is phenomenal build quality. the 300r has two pre-installed fans (i think a 140mm front and a 120mm rear)
    it can have up to 6 fans installed (one of those being the top (140mm max))
    it'll fit your mobo and your graphics card.
    psu will go at the bottom, not sure if psus suck air in through the fan or blow air out but the case is raised off the floor so there should be no problems with that.
    plus it's under the budget :)
  2. The 300R is a good choice, you'l be fine with it. If anything you have space left over since you have an M-ATX board and the case is ATX size.

All the fan mounts in the 300R
    2x120mm at the front (one comes with the case).
    2x120/140mm on the side.
    1x120mm at the back (comes with the case).
    2x120mm at the top.
    I would start with a 2nd front panel fan, then the side panel fans blowing air into the fan, then top fans blowing outward.

Heres a review of the case.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTm65xhNj4

To put in a new fan is just a matter of screwing it in, the necessary screws should come with the case and probably the fan itself.
  3. this case is not good for sli or crossfire for long gpu clearance i suggest better and the best one is corsair 400 r its give u what u need
  4. What about the other one I listed? I'm leaning towards that, Looks are good. And Cooling looks more.

What about Corsair 400R. I could rarely get that, but still want to know about how much better it is over 300r?
  5. The HAF 912 is also a good choice, it has one less side intake fan mount, but IMO that balanced out by the ability to have a 200mm fan on the top or dual 120mm's. You do lose the USB3 ports though.
    Also has more drive bays with native support for a 3.5" external drive and 2.5" drives, which the 300R doesn't have.

Either will be fine I think, you could pick either based on what you think looks good and not make a bad decision IMO.
  6. So which is better among them?
    And also give me link to the review of that case.
    Loved your older review link. ;)
  7. Heres a review of the HAF-912
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv7mFfWhERY

Depends, as I said before either will be fine and it will come down to what you want and will do with the case.

HAF-912 pro's over the 300R
    - More internal and external drive bays with greater variety
    - 200mm fan support at the top
    - Better water-cooling support with external radiator capability.
    - You say it looks better, which is actually pretty important since chances are you'l have the case for a fair while.

300R pro's over the 912.
    - It has USB3 on the front panel
    - Extra side panel mount
  8. Which is better according to my Needs.

I will not Watercool
    No more drives, just one HDD
    Will 200mm affect much over 140mm? I mean is t worth or a little bit.

Don't need USB 3.0
    "Extra side panel mount" Does this have much effect or just a show?

And thanks for the review link ;)
  9. One more Question.

How you make a Intake Fan? I want some in front.
    Fir it backwards? Or There are some available specially for that?
  10. As fans get larger, they don't have to spin as fast to achieve a CFM (a unit of "air moved" sort of) a smaller fan would have have to spin like crazy to achieve, so they are quieter in general. Also I guess a single 200m fan would be cheaper than dual 120mm's.

The extra fan mount means you can put on another fan to the side panel. It is debatable whether the extra fan would matter, but that can get complicated fairly quickly and stray into controversial area's (Positive VS Negative case pressure). But regardless, its there and the 912 doesn't have it.

Most likely the 300R then, you have the future-proofing of the USB3 and it is cheaper, while its lesser drive bays isn't a concern. Though as I have said before, either will be fine.

EDIT: As to which way a fan blows just depends which way you screw it into the case. Usually the ugly end of the fan (the sticker and support strut end) is the exhaust. There might also be markings on the frame indicating which way the air flows. Or you could plug it in and feel for yourself before plugging it in.
  11. So I'm getting a 300R.

Thanks to you all for the support.

So you basically saying that, Fixing a fan backwards make it Intake.
    BTW way too much thanks to you manofchalk
  12. Crap, this thread doesn't have "Choose a Best Answer".
    Aww... If there would be one then the it goes to manofchalk

Thanks to all who Participated. ;)
  13. Assuming the pretty end of the fan is the front, then pretty much.

Its all good man.
  14. One more Question.

Which is better 2x4GB or 1x8GB
    G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz

2x4 GB is more costly
    1x8 GB is less costly

Price difference is Rupees 500/ $10
  15. Go for noctua NF P-12 or F-12 for optimum cooling, though they are not available in flipkart.

Imho, dont buy from flipkart, their prices are very high, though their service and shipping is great. Try looking at your local computer bazaar, you might find it at better prices..
  16. bro still i say corsair 400 r is the best one in its class and price beware from flipkart its overpiced site try some local dealer they have the good price i bought one my self in 4500 only beware from flipkart some product are faulty too
  17. You would be better off getting the 2x4GB kit, as that allows you use the dual channel config on the motherboard (slightly better performance).

Thats a strange colour scheme, green and blue. With that Corsair case I would go with blue fans.
    Would replace the green 120mm one with this, higher CFM with lower noise and its also blue.
    http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-90-cfm-blue-led/p/itmd7q4fcdvw3ujg?pid=COLD7Q4DF73WMYF4&icmpid=reco_pp_hSame_cooler_3_nr
    though if you still want green 120mm's.
    http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-90-cfm-green-led/p/itmd7q4fnykky7nd?pid=COLD7Q4DZMN7K6ZH&icmpid=reco_pp_hSame_cooler_5_nr
  18. manofchalk said:
    You would be better off getting the 2x4GB kit, as that allows you use the dual channel config on the motherboard (slightly better performance).

Thats a strange colour scheme, green and blue. With that Corsair case I would go with blue fans.
    Would replace the green 120mm one with this, higher CFM with lower noise and its also blue.
    http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-90-cfm-blue-led/p/itmd7q4fcdvw3ujg?pid=COLD7Q4DF73WMYF4&icmpid=reco_pp_hSame_cooler_3_nr
    though if you still want green 120mm's.
    http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-90-cfm-green-led/p/itmd7q4fnykky7nd?pid=COLD7Q4DZMN7K6ZH&icmpid=reco_pp_hSame_cooler_5_nr

They are 120mm? Ohhh.... Their heading was 90CFM, So I thought they were 90mm.
    Well, thanks for that...

And I'm choosing Green because it is not common here.
    My friend has a blue neon lighting in his Rig. So, I want different one.
    And Red may hurt my eyes in Long term use.
    And green gives me peace :ange:

And getting 2x4 GB will make any noticeable difference?
    How ever if so, I'm getting them.
  19. monu_08 said:
    bro still i say corsair 400 r is the best one in its class and price beware from flipkart its overpiced site try some local dealer they have the good price i bought one my self in 4500 only beware from flipkart some product are faulty too

I too know that 400R is the best in its class. I even watched the video review.
    But still I liked 300R more :love:
    And 300R is enough for me. No SLI in future. I prefer single card.

And can you tell me some local stores. I know in Delhi there is Nehru Palace, which is Famous for IT Products.
    But I live in Korba, Chhattisgarh.
    But I can go there just in case. So, tell me the Best Shops there please. :lol:

I'm not buying everything from Flipkart.
    Like, I'll buy those fans from there but Case from out somewhere.
  20. I researched about fans. I came to know that CFM is important.
    Its the amount of air getting in per minute.

The more CFM, the more Airflow = More cooling
    Right?

And I watched a review and they told that it can fit these fans

2x140mm at Top
    2x140mm at Front (1 Included)
    2x140mm at Side Panel
    1x120mm at Back (Included)

And I'm getting the Blue fans. They look better than Green :ouch:

So I'm confused that which fan to buy?
    I'm thinking of getting 5x140mm Blue Fans

But they only have 60CFM and 1000RPM !!
    Is it worth it, or get a those 120mm 90CFM fans?

Will 120mm, 90CFM enough for Cooling of my Rig? And I'm getting those fans because of Neon too.

And where to fit which fans to get the Best out of it.
    Please help me out :sarcastic:
  21. More CFM does mean more air moved, but it does get to a point where more airflow wont make a difference. So dont stress if you aren't getting the max airflow possible.

Also if anything you want a lower RPM. The faster they spin, the more noise they make (measured in Decibels, shown as dBA). So you have to balance CFM and noise, that's why lower CFM fans exist.
    20 decibels is about the noise of a quiet room.

Again, contentious topic that. There are two ways of setting up the case fans, Positive and Negative. Positive is having more air intake than exhaust, negative has more being exhausted than brought in.
    A Positive pressure system has the advantage of repelling dust, as air is being exhausted out of the nooks and crannies of case and the air that intakes is likely going through a dust filter.
    A Negative pressure system does cool a bit better than positive, but is dustier because of aforementioned nooks and crannies intaking air and dust.

I myself prefer Positive case pressure, because the performance difference is fairly small (if present at all) and less dust to clean.
  22. Sumukh_Bhagat said:
    I researched about fans. I came to know that CFM is important.
    Its the amount of air getting in per minute.

The more CFM, the more Airflow = More cooling
    Right?

And I watched a review and they told that it can fit these fans

2x140mm at Top
    2x140mm at Front (1 Included)
    2x140mm at Side Panel
    1x120mm at Back (Included)

And I'm getting the Blue fans. They look better than Green :ouch:

So I'm confused that which fan to buy?
    I'm thinking of getting 5x140mm Blue Fans

But they only have 60CFM and 1000RPM !!
    Is it worth it, or get a those 120mm 90CFM fans?

Will 120mm, 90CFM enough for Cooling of my Rig? And I'm getting those fans because of Neon too.

And where to fit which fans to get the Best out of it.
    Please help me out :sarcastic:

i can give us it for indian electronic items u can buy easily at good price too its called erodov
  23. why the hell are u buying too many fans for u r case why dont just buy an after market cooler for cpu that enough too cool ur requirement and for gpu 2 side fan are enough too cool down the gpu
  24. I'll do that in Future.
    Want to make my Rig look Good with those fans and Neon lights?

Any ideas how can I make my Rig look Cool?
    Like some kind of Neon lights or something?
  25. monu_08 said:

Any Direct Website to a Indian Retailer at Delhi? Or a Phone Number (PM me that Number).
    Most website have old stuff. So, I need a website still being Operated.

Any Retailer that can Ship anywhere in India? And Tell me the Best Shops at Nehru Palace please. :D
  26. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j54kd_4jkno
    for cool neon lite case modd
    mmm
    here http://www.theitdepot.com/
    http://www.theitwares.com/
    prime abgp.com too
    SMC international are the good site too
    are good site
  27. Dude, have a look at this...!!!
    http://theitwares.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_65&product_id=610
    OR
    http://theitwares.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_65&product_id=1114

Perfect!! No need of Neons and Fans!! Thanks for the links.
    Only It Depot has new Supplies. I had it bookmarked already ;)

I've seen Primeabgp, but do they ship here?
  28. man that what i saying u go for nzxt guardian its grat case wthat u wanted and its already modded and u can arrange some new led fan too create u r own custom cpu case
  29. i d have never deal with primeabgb better go for it wares and itdepot too its a good site too
  30. Prime ABGB looks like its daily updated...
    I'l look there too.
  31. Is this Cabinet good for my Needs

NZXT Vulcan Specifications:

Model: Vulcan
    Dimensions:
    With Handle (DxWxH): 406x180x422.5mm [16”x7”x16.6”]
    Without Handle (DxWxH): 406x180x380mm [16”x7”x14.9”]
    Case Material: Steel
    Case Color: Black
    LED Color: Orange
    Total Weight: 5.80KG (12.8 pounds)
    External Connections: Audio, Mic, E-SATA, 2x USB2.0
    Drive Bays:
    External: 2x 5.25, 2x 3.5”
    Internal: 2x 3.5”
    Expansion Slots: 4
    Cooling:
    Front: 120mm Intake (included)
    Top: 2x 120mm (1x 120mm LED included)
    Rear: 80/92mm
    Side: 200mm
    Clearance: CPU: 165mm [6.5”] (without 200mm side fan)
    VGA: 350mm [13.75”]
  32. its an micro atx gaming case which means in future if u want to upgrade u r machhine need to change u r cpu case too i suggest atx case cabinet mid tower is good for future upgrade
  33. No more Upgrades till some years. So, I don't care about future.
    All I need is that, My Case meets my Present needs. Thats all....

And now I'm getting a Vulcan.
    It has better looks + cheaper Than 300r.
  34. Sumukh_Bhagat said:
    No more Upgrades till some years. So, I don't care about future.
    All I need is that, My Case meets my Present needs. Thats all....

And now I'm getting a Vulcan.
    It has better looks + cheaper Than 300r.

then i suggest the 300r is better then vulcan and please dont argue too much i just say my last word the vulcan is case
    where u can put only micro atx board beware about it u cant put any atx board inside it its better to get back and buy corsair 300r
  35. Corsair 300R is better than vulcan in cooling, space, compatibility, not much great on looks but good enough with colored LED's.

BTW, I'm also looking for a new case and I'm getting Corsair 400R for 4300, HAF 912 for 4200,HAF 912 advanced for 5400, HAF 922 for 7400 in my local computer bazaar and thats why Im highlighting not to buy from flipkart. I'm thinking to close up on HAF 912 advanced, it has more than all the requirements I require, 2 USB 3.0, Water cooling support, 6 120mm fans support, great looks etc etc..

After even further research Im now finalizing on 400R. It has more space, more cooling slots, better build quality, better cable management, better airflow than either of HAF 912/advanced/922 (atleast thats why the reviews say) and a lot cheaper, I can spend the rest of the money on a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Cpu cooler which seems to serve my purpose better!
  36. Okay then. I'll search my Local Bazaar.
    If price would be reasonable I'll get 400R. Or else 300R is good enough. ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Intel i5 Components