Need help on how to change heatsink fan..!

nyan

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
how to change blizzard t2 heatsink fan..

when idling , the fan on the heatsink is damn loud.. i hope i would be able to change the fan itself and not get another new heatsink :/ cause it is a brand new blizzard t2 that i had brought.

Please help me if you are able to ! ( sorry for my lousy english hahas..!)

THANKS ALOT!

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
It looks like the fan is just clamped on, if you don't see any screws on it, just pull on those little clips that hold it on to the heatsink. After that, you probably remove the clamping bracket off the fan & just put a new fan in the bracket, by my assumption.
EDIT: I forgot, you may not have to replace the fan - try changing the fan speeds in the BIOS?

nyan

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
i think i did sat it properly... ;/

i need a guide or someone who can teach me how to remove that fan.. i see no screws on the fins ;/ tht the fan are attaching too...

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I meant to mention do as payturr suggest check the seating and make sure there is a sufficient amount of compound if that doesn't work check into a fan controller, by the way what model mother board are you working with,

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

To be honest, the less paste he put on though the better - he just needed the die area covered.

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Also do as payturr said the fan is just clamped on peel it off like he said then there are little rubber pads in each corner instead of peeling them off just stick a small Phillips head screw driver through the pads and loosen the screws. you need to keep those pads on there.

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
OK your board does have fan control it has 2 cpu fan terminals on the mother board a 3 pin and a 4 pin the 4 pin employs PWM (pulse width modulation ) that tells your bios that there is a fan spinning if it dosent detect a certain amount of minimum (usally 600)rpm's it shuts down. we know that isn't the problem, If I'm right your fan has a 3 pin connector, make you sure it is plugged into the cpu terminal and not a chassis fan terminal , run through your bios again and check for fan controls look for this

Hardware Health Event Monitoring Screen
In this section, it allows you to monitor the status of the hardware on your system,
including the parameters of the CPU temperature, motherboard temperature, CPU
fan speed, chassis fan speed, and the critical voltage.
CPU Fan 1 & 2 Setting
This allows you to set CPU fan 1 & 2’s speed. Configuration options: [Full
On] and [Automatic Mode]. The default value is [Full On].
Chassis Fan 1 Setting
This allows you to set chassis fan 1’s speed. Configuration options:
[Full On], [Automatic Mode] and [Manual]. The default value is [Full On].
Chassis Fan 2 Setting
This allows you to set chassis fan 2’s speed. Configuration options:
[Full On] and [Manual]. The default value is [Full On].
Over Temperature Protection
Use this to enable or disable Over Temperature Protection. The default
value is [Enabled]

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
sorry,yea or just a quieter fan I've seen 92mm fans on ebay pretty cheap, BTW can you try your fan on another board or different H/S fan on your board,maybe borrow a buddy's,Just to make sure it isnt a M/B issue,

TRENDING THREADS