Bluetooth implementation on 6230 & Acura TL

I would leave to hear people's opinions on the bluetooh implementation
for the Nokia 6230. I'm a big Nokia fan, but I've heard that they have
had some problems with bluetooth implementation on some (most?) of their
phones.

I am considering buying this phone to use the bluetooth features on my
Acura TL.

Any updates coming that may resolve some bugs? Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth implementation 6230 acura

    David H. wrote:

    > I would leave to hear people's opinions on the bluetooh implementation
    > for the Nokia 6230. I'm a big Nokia fan, but I've heard that they have
    > had some problems with bluetooth implementation on some (most?) of their
    > phones.
    >
    > I am considering buying this phone to use the bluetooth features on my
    > Acura TL.
    >
    > Any updates coming that may resolve some bugs? Thanks.

    You heard wrong.

    People that complain about the Bluetooth implementation on Nokia's
    handsets are complaining because they can't read.

    You need to know what Bluetooth audio profile the TL supports. It will
    be either Bluetooth Headset or Bluetooth Handsfree.

    The Series60 handsets all do Bluetooth Handsfree; not sure on the 6230.
    I don't have one handy so I couldn't tell you.

    As far as I know the problems are only with PC Suite, when accessing the phone
    from a PC. There are a lot of complaints about that (at least I did).

    I'm also a fan of their phones, but PC suite is a disaster, and I don't think
    that's going to change anywhere in the near future.

    Paul.

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:28:46 -0400, "David H." <upyoursspam@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I would leave to hear people's opinions on the bluetooh implementation
    >for the Nokia 6230. I'm a big Nokia fan, but I've heard that they have
    >had some problems with bluetooth implementation on some (most?) of their
    >phones.
    >
    >I am considering buying this phone to use the bluetooth features on my
    >Acura TL.
    >
    >Any updates coming that may resolve some bugs? Thanks.

Nokia Phones Bluetooth