Updating drivers & BIOS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Can someone direct me to find out how to step by step download and install
drivers & update the BIOS.
I have XP Pro SP2, AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400
Thanks Bruce
4 answers Last reply
More about updating drivers bios
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    For BIOS updates, check the web site for the manufacturer of your motherboard. For driver updates, check the web site of the manufacturer of the specific hardware. They will provide the appropriate instructions.

    Since you don't give any specifics, you can't expect specific answers.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message news:umMozjOYFHA.2572@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > Can someone direct me to find out how to step by step download and install
    > drivers & update the BIOS.
    > I have XP Pro SP2, AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400
    > Thanks Bruce

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Bruce

    Do NOT attempt a BIOS change unless you have a very good reason so to do..
    drivers can be found at device manufacturer websites..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone direct me to find out how to step by step download and install
    > drivers & update the BIOS.
    > I have XP Pro SP2, AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400
    > Thanks Bruce

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    It tells you in the motherboard manual. Your OS and processor is irrelevent.
    "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone direct me to find out how to step by step download and install
    > drivers & update the BIOS.
    > I have XP Pro SP2, AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400
    > Thanks Bruce

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Bruce wrote:
    > Can someone direct me to find out how to step by step download and install
    > drivers & update the BIOS.
    > I have XP Pro SP2, AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400
    > Thanks Bruce

    Carefully follow the instructions provided by your motherboard and
    other device manufacturers.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

Configuration BIOS Drivers Microsoft Windows XP