CS5 running SLOW, Hardware issue?

mikeysp

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Hello, I am operating Adobe CS5 production premiere. Initially, when a video clip had been modified in after effects, the playback feature would stutter slowly, so that we could not view the video in real time until rendered. Now, a year later, the footage plays back extremely slowly and stuttery without any modifications to the footage whatsoever.

Our PC:
Motherboard: MB GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3
CPU: AMD|PH II X4 955BE 3.2G AM3
PSU: OCZ|OCZ550FTY 550W RT
MEM: 16GB - 4: 4GB DDR3-1333 PC3 10600
CASE: ANTEC|THREE HUNDRED ILLUSION R
VID: EVGA NVIDIA GeFORCE GT240 1GB DDR5

The only changes I have made:
I went from 4GB to 16 GB and I changed the previous video GT240 512MB for the 1GB version.

Do I need to make some changes?
I have never overclocked, but I hear of people doing that. Would that be a good solution?
Thank you for any help!

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
yeah good point... if you do end up upgrading(put a thread in cpu section) but think about getting a fx-8120... there 8 cores so good rendering but just be sure to ask around before you spend the money... also what kind of ram do you have?

Both types

mikeysp

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I am able to run videos well on the pc after they are rendered and exported out of premiere and after effects.

The Ram I currently have is 2 sets of: "MEM 4Gx2|CRUCIAL CT2KIT51264BD1339" for a total of 16GB.

I have decided to build another PC with an i7 chip and a gtx 570 graphics card. Thanks for your advice.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
no problem hope your new build goes well... yeah intel VERY fast but just SO expensive! but yeah if you make videos and edit for a living(or just for fun) dont cheap out cause rendering is a bitch to a computer :na: and even tough I love amd intel beats them with speed(but not with price :))

TRENDING THREADS