Ordering Today! Just need compatibility confirmation.

Title says it all. Ordering today and I'm pretty certain that I've done my research and these parts are good, but just want to be 100% sure seeing as how this is my first build.

Processor - i5 2500k
Motherboard - Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155
GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240 Pin DDR3
Power Supply - Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750 V2 750W
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM
Case - Corsair Carbide Series 500R

Any confirmation is appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about ordering today compatibility confirmation
  1. I am planning a build and someone told me on my thread that I should watch out for the RAM and CPU cooler, if you are using a bulky CPU cooler/ might get one, I was told to get the low profile version http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186 so both the CPU cooler and the RAM will fit. I am also using a cooler master V6GT and its massive.

I see that you don't have a third party CPU cooler but its something to keep in mind
  2. Looks good.

FYI. I don't see a seperate CPU cooler, so I assume you'll use the stock one. If you plan to overclock, you should invest in a better CPU cooler.
  3. if you are planning to overclock, which i dont know why you would get the 2500k if you werent, i would definitely add a coolermaster hyper 212 (+, or evo depending on how much you want to overclock) at the least
  4. Yeah, I definitely plan on OCing, but will not be doing so until I purchase an aftermarket heatsink. I just couldn't fit it into the budget this go around, but will certainly be purchasing one soon after i build the PC.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems