Just installed an aftermarket cooler, no input on either monitors

nordsky

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Okay so I just finished installing the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo cooler to my build. It took me a while since I've never installed an aftermarket cooler but everything turned out fine. Had to unplug everything from my mobo to mount the backplate. So, I put it all back together, turn it on, and no signal on either monitors..

First off, here's my build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 ATX LGA1155
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V
Just recently started running Windows 8 PRO x64

Everything is running. The 212 cooler's fan is spinning, I can feel the harddrive spinning, and the graphics card's fan is spinning as well. All the cables are plugged in correctly. The mobo has the power and reset buttons glowing red, as well as it shows 45 (which I'm guessing is the temperature of the CPU). It also has the clear CMOS button on the back-facing part of the mobo glowing red as well.

Any ideas? Everything seems to be functioning correctly. I accidentally hit the clear cmos button when I was trying different cables for my monitors. Although, it should still show me the boot screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to figure out what the issue is.

Solution
Check if the sata data and power cables are properly connected from the hdd to the motherboard. I ran into a problem similar to what you're describing and I think that was what was wrong with mine. I'm not sure though. Someone on the forums told me loose connections can cause weird problems.

dannyritz

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Check if the sata data and power cables are properly connected from the hdd to the motherboard. I ran into a problem similar to what you're describing and I think that was what was wrong with mine. I'm not sure though. Someone on the forums told me loose connections can cause weird problems.

Solution

nordsky

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I hate when people don't update on issues. After some testing and some help from another site, I figured out one of my sticks of ram went bad. RMAing to manufacturer to hopefully get a new one. Thanks for the response.