Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte z77-d3h motherboard pcie 3.0 16x not working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 20, 2012 10:20:16 PM

My video card is not recognized int the top 16x slot, I can see the fans running and I have also tried it in the slot below which is 4x and the card works, so I know its not the card.

I've been searching for a solution but I have had no such luck. Could the slot on the motherboard be dead?

The card is a Sapphire HD 7850
July 12, 2012 5:48:09 PM

I too am having the same problem. If I put the video card (HIS IceQ) into the pcie 4x slot it works fine. If I stick an old 2.0 card into the x16 slot it works. The only fix I have found online was to boot up the card in the 4x slot, flash the bios, then put video card back into the 16x. While this is a temporary fix, it reverts back to same issue upon reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 20, 2012 8:09:37 PM

Same here. Computer won`t post (no screen output whatsoever from IGP or discrete card).
When the discrete card (MSI Geforce 660) is put input the 3rd slot it works fine............

Any one knows a solution? i would like to have to card in the first slot as my system case is too crowded already at the bottom :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 20, 2012 9:16:10 PM

wisecrusader said:
My video card is not recognized int the top 16x slot, I can see the fans running and I have also tried it in the slot below which is 4x and the card works, so I know its not the card.

I've been searching for a solution but I have had no such luck. Could the slot on the motherboard be dead?

The card is a Sapphire HD 7850

I have a Gigabyte z77X Ud3h motherboard and everything works fine, Maybe you just have a defective motherboard.

You should RMA it..
m
l
Related resources
!