BF2 Requirments

Last response: in Video Games
April 27, 2005 2:49:23 PM

Link to planetbattlefield.com

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?...

Not as high as I was expecting.

More about : bf2 requirments

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 8:38:01 PM

Holle wrote
> Link to planetbattlefield.com
>
>http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?...
>

> Not as high as I was expecting.

Nor me. They always claimed that a PC capable of playing BFV would be
able to run BF2, but after seeing the graphical detail in some of those
videos I didn't quite believe it. No doubt though that with those specs
you'd have to run at the absolute lowest settings. Wonder what the
requirements are in order to run the game with all the settings maxed
out :)

Still running the XP2600 with 1Gb PC2700 and 9800 Pro here, and I'm
expecting to to run the game to run at acceptable levels, no plans to
upgrade until absolutely necessary.

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

Villy Vonka wrote:
> Holle wrote
>
>> Link to planetbattlefield.com
>>
>> http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?...
>>

>> Not as high as I was expecting.
>

> Nor me. They always claimed that a PC capable of playing BFV would be
> able to run BF2, but after seeing the graphical detail in some of those
> videos I didn't quite believe it. No doubt though that with those specs
> you'd have to run at the absolute lowest settings. Wonder what the
> requirements are in order to run the game with all the settings maxed
> out :)
>
> Still running the XP2600 with 1Gb PC2700 and 9800 Pro here, and I'm
> expecting to to run the game to run at acceptable levels, no plans to
> upgrade until absolutely necessary.

I think graphically if you can play BFV at high levels you can play bf2
at medium, most likely. I think the real resource hog is going to be
VoIP coupled with the already well known bf series sound issues. How is
the voice over IP going to be implemented? TS built in? I would like
more technical details on that score jsut so as I can tweak up for it. I
think any of the 5900/9800 nVidia/ati cards ought to cut the mustard,
albiet at their upper limits. Of course any nv 6xxx series will handle
it with ease as it was designed to run on the 6800 card. I would like to
see it run on an SLI system packing two 512 Mb 6800 ultras but until the
new dual core processors are readily available I wont get such a rig. I
have been steadily stiffing a large sack with euros till they are I can
only hope it will be enough! sigh, but I digress, yes IF you can play
BFV at reasonably high levels BF2 should be managable. I am concerned
about the sound/voice issue.
Mr. Nemo (OC)
May 2, 2005 7:08:13 AM

Villy Vonka wrote:
> Holle wrote
>
>> Link to planetbattlefield.com
>>
>> http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?...
>>

>> Not as high as I was expecting.
>

> Nor me. They always claimed that a PC capable of playing BFV would be
> able to run BF2, but after seeing the graphical detail in some of those
> videos I didn't quite believe it. No doubt though that with those specs
> you'd have to run at the absolute lowest settings. Wonder what the
> requirements are in order to run the game with all the settings maxed
> out :)
>
> Still running the XP2600 with 1Gb PC2700 and 9800 Pro here, and I'm
> expecting to to run the game to run at acceptable levels, no plans to
> upgrade until absolutely necessary.

with the recording feature built into BF2,
I'd put money on those videos being post gameplay rendered,
using SLI 6800 or similar, not real time recordings.
esp as they are edited.
tweaking graphics and auido settings should make it playable.
I am sure EA have sorted out the audio issues........
2 BF games and assorted game engine upgrades to work it out.
regards [AGB] malcolm
!