Removing an offensive post!!!

Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all categories. Did
anyone not see the offensive post on 05/24/05 which appears in every
category. Don't need to name, just take a look. How to you remove this
"vulgar display"?
8 answers Last reply
More about removing offensive post

    Lizzie,

    If you were using a real newsreader, like Outlook Express, you could
    highlight the post header and hit Shift + Delete or just Delete. Since
    you're using Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000, you are SOL.

    You're a frequent visitor I would suggest checking out any of the
    following links. Not using a newsreader is like using bearskins and stone
    knives. ;-)

    MICROSOFT PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS
    [[There are many valuable newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com server, on
    nearly every available topic and in many different languages. Clicking the
    links below will automatically create any necessary account configuration in
    Outlook Express and take you directly to the newsgroup you have selected -
    no complicated technical configurations are needed!]]
    http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

    Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirectory%2fworldwide%2fen-gb%2fnewsout.asp

    Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/newsgroups.asp

    Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

    Getting News from Newsgroups
    Ignore this part ->> Access a newsgroup right from the Web.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gettingnews.asp

    Set Up Outlook Express
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setup.asp

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:7001F345-207F-46A6-ADC7-A90029522853@microsoft.com,
    Lizzie <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    Lizzie wrote:
    > Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all
    > categories. Did anyone not see the offensive post on 05/24/05 which
    > appears in every category. Don't need to name, just take a look. How
    > to you remove this "vulgar display"?

    And which of the 100,000 (at least) posts posted that day are you referring
    to? Giving us a date isn't going to narrow it down much, now is it...?

    Especially as what she may see as 24/5/05 I would see 25/5/05.
    > Lizzie wrote:
    > > Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all
    > > categories. Did anyone not see the offensive post on 05/24/05 which
    > > appears in every category. Don't need to name, just take a look. How
    > > to you remove this "vulgar display"?
    >
    > And which of the 100,000 (at least) posts posted that day are you
    referring
    > to? Giving us a date isn't going to narrow it down much, now is it...?
    >
    > --
    > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    It is 9 posts down from this post. And it is posted in every discussion. It
    is dated 05/24/2005. As I told you previously, I am a daily visitor to this
    site, and think all of you guys are terrific. I am not trying to insult
    anyone, but most forums post a message stating "report offensive post". I am
    not trying to offend you guys. I appreciate your response.

    "Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It is 9 posts down from this post. And it is posted in every discussion.
    > It
    > is dated 05/24/2005. As I told you previously, I am a daily visitor to
    > this
    > site, and think all of you guys are terrific. I am not trying to insult
    > anyone, but most forums post a message stating "report offensive post". I
    > am
    > not trying to offend you guys. I appreciate your response.

    To request a post be removed, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom
    of the web page. Please include the subject line and newsgroup in which you
    are seeing the post.

    John Eddy
    Microsoft Newsgroups Administrator

    In news:4196430B-1341-40C8-BCB9-7C03B01B16F4@microsoft.com,
    Lizzie <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > It is 9 posts down from this post. And it is posted in every
    > discussion. It is dated 05/24/2005. As I told you previously, I
    > am a
    > daily visitor to this site, and think all of you guys are
    > terrific. I
    > am not trying to insult anyone, but most forums post a message
    > stating "report offensive post". I am not trying to offend you
    > guys.
    > I appreciate your response.

    Please realize two things:

    1. This is not a "site." This is a newsgroup. You may be
    accessing this newsgroup via a web site, but most of us a
    newsreader, which is a far better choice.

    2. It may be nine posts down when you see it on your web site,
    but it's not here. And it won't be on the newsreader screens of
    many of us. That's for a variety of reasons; it depends on what
    you sort on on, it depends on what messages you keep vs what you
    hide or delete; it depends on the filters or killfiles you have
    set, etc. As a general rule, referring to a message by its
    relative position on *your* screen is useless and meaningless to
    most people on any newsgroup.

    So I, for example, have no idea what this "offensive post" you
    refer to was.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > "David Candy" wrote:
    >
    >> Especially as what she may see as 24/5/05 I would see 25/5/05.
    >> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> And which of the 100,000 (at least) posts posted that day are
    >>> you
    >>> referring to? Giving us a date isn't going to narrow it down
    >>> much,
    >>> now is it...?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    9 down you say. Wes will be upset that you find his posts offensive. This is
    my 9th message down (I sort by date) which you can view by clicking

    <Quote Wes's offensive post>
    Laura,

    Try this...

    Set Open as default for (NONE) Folder in Folder Options.

    Open Folder Options...
    Start | Run | Type: control folders | OK |
    File Types tab | Scroll down to and Select: (NONE) Folder |
    Advanced button | Highlight: open | Set Default | OK |
    Apply | OK

    Set Default
    [[Sets the selected command as the command to be carried out when the file
    is invoked.
    The default command for the file is shown in bold on the shortcut menu for
    the file.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    </Quote>

    My point here is that what you see is what you see and is not nessacery what
    I see. I see your last post as 26/5/2005 9:59 PM because I live on top of
    the world in Australia (your maps are upside down). Most of us here use
    newsreaders you are viewing a web page copy of this newsgroup.

    will show you how we view it. But even then as we have heaps of display
    options (sorting, deleting, and hiding posts) plus we may also not download
    all messages ( I only keep the last 24 hrs of posts).

    "Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It is 9 posts down from this post. And it is posted in every discussion.
    It
    > is dated 05/24/2005. As I told you previously, I am a daily visitor to
    this
    > site, and think all of you guys are terrific. I am not trying to insult
    > anyone, but most forums post a message stating "report offensive post". I
    am
    > not trying to offend you guys. I appreciate your response.
    >
    > "David Candy" wrote:
    >
    > > Especially as what she may see as 24/5/05 I would see 25/5/05.
    > > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > And which of the 100,000 (at least) posts posted that day are you
    > > referring
    > > > to? Giving us a date isn't going to narrow it down much, now is it...?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    <ROTFL>

    My maps may be upside down, but the lettering is right side up.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User