Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Removing an offensive post!!!

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 25, 2005 6:35:15 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all categories. Did
anyone not see the offensive post on 05/24/05 which appears in every
category. Don't need to name, just take a look. How to you remove this
"vulgar display"?
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:33:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Lizzie,

If you were using a real newsreader, like Outlook Express, you could
highlight the post header and hit Shift + Delete or just Delete. Since
you're using Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000, you are SOL.

You're a frequent visitor I would suggest checking out any of the
following links. Not using a newsreader is like using bearskins and stone
knives. ;-)

MICROSOFT PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS
[[There are many valuable newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com server, on
nearly every available topic and in many different languages. Clicking the
links below will automatically create any necessary account configuration in
Outlook Express and take you directly to the newsgroup you have selected -
no complicated technical configurations are needed!]]
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirec...

Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/news...

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.h...

Getting News from Newsgroups
Ignore this part ->> Access a newsgroup right from the Web.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gett...

Set Up Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setu...


--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:7001F345-207F-46A6-ADC7-A90029522853@microsoft.com,
Lizzie <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all categories.
> Did anyone not see the offensive post on 05/24/05 which appears in every
> category. Don't need to name, just take a look. How to you remove this
> "vulgar display"?
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 6:54:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Lizzie wrote:
> Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all
> categories. Did anyone not see the offensive post on 05/24/05 which
> appears in every category. Don't need to name, just take a look. How
> to you remove this "vulgar display"?

And which of the 100,000 (at least) posts posted that day are you referring
to? Giving us a date isn't going to narrow it down much, now is it...?

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
Related resources
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 5:08:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Especially as what she may see as 24/5/05 I would see 25/5/05.
"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
news:c%9le.1085$C72.182@fe06.highwinds-media.phx...
> Lizzie wrote:
> > Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all
> > categories. Did anyone not see the offensive post on 05/24/05 which
> > appears in every category. Don't need to name, just take a look. How
> > to you remove this "vulgar display"?
>
> And which of the 100,000 (at least) posts posted that day are you
referring
> to? Giving us a date isn't going to narrow it down much, now is it...?
>
> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
>
May 26, 2005 5:08:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

It is 9 posts down from this post. And it is posted in every discussion. It
is dated 05/24/2005. As I told you previously, I am a daily visitor to this
site, and think all of you guys are terrific. I am not trying to insult
anyone, but most forums post a message stating "report offensive post". I am
not trying to offend you guys. I appreciate your response.

"David Candy" wrote:

> Especially as what she may see as 24/5/05 I would see 25/5/05.
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
> news:c%9le.1085$C72.182@fe06.highwinds-media.phx...
> > Lizzie wrote:
> > > Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all
> > > categories. Did anyone not see the offensive post on 05/24/05 which
> > > appears in every category. Don't need to name, just take a look. How
> > > to you remove this "vulgar display"?
> >
> > And which of the 100,000 (at least) posts posted that day are you
> referring
> > to? Giving us a date isn't going to narrow it down much, now is it...?
> >
> > --
> > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
> >
> >
>
>
>
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 5:08:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4196430B-1341-40C8-BCB9-7C03B01B16F4@microsoft.com...
> It is 9 posts down from this post. And it is posted in every discussion.
> It
> is dated 05/24/2005. As I told you previously, I am a daily visitor to
> this
> site, and think all of you guys are terrific. I am not trying to insult
> anyone, but most forums post a message stating "report offensive post". I
> am
> not trying to offend you guys. I appreciate your response.

To request a post be removed, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom
of the web page. Please include the subject line and newsgroup in which you
are seeing the post.

John Eddy
Microsoft Newsgroups Administrator
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 5:08:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

In news:4196430B-1341-40C8-BCB9-7C03B01B16F4@microsoft.com,
Lizzie <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> It is 9 posts down from this post. And it is posted in every
> discussion. It is dated 05/24/2005. As I told you previously, I
> am a
> daily visitor to this site, and think all of you guys are
> terrific. I
> am not trying to insult anyone, but most forums post a message
> stating "report offensive post". I am not trying to offend you
> guys.
> I appreciate your response.


Please realize two things:

1. This is not a "site." This is a newsgroup. You may be
accessing this newsgroup via a web site, but most of us a
newsreader, which is a far better choice.

2. It may be nine posts down when you see it on your web site,
but it's not here. And it won't be on the newsreader screens of
many of us. That's for a variety of reasons; it depends on what
you sort on on, it depends on what messages you keep vs what you
hide or delete; it depends on the filters or killfiles you have
set, etc. As a general rule, referring to a message by its
relative position on *your* screen is useless and meaningless to
most people on any newsgroup.

So I, for example, have no idea what this "offensive post" you
refer to was.

--
Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
Please reply to the newsgroup


> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Especially as what she may see as 24/5/05 I would see 25/5/05.
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>> news:c%9le.1085$C72.182@fe06.highwinds-media.phx...
>>> Lizzie wrote:
>>>> Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all
>>>> categories. Did anyone not see the offensive post on
>>>> 05/24/05 which
>>>> appears in every category. Don't need to name, just take a
>>>> look.
>>>> How to you remove this "vulgar display"?
>>>
>>> And which of the 100,000 (at least) posts posted that day are
>>> you
>>> referring to? Giving us a date isn't going to narrow it down
>>> much,
>>> now is it...?
>>>
>>> --
>>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:21:15 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

9 down you say. Wes will be upset that you find his posts offensive. This is
my 9th message down (I sort by date) which you can view by clicking

news://msnews.microsoft.com/#EwogFMYFHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl

<Quote Wes's offensive post>
Laura,

Try this...

Set Open as default for (NONE) Folder in Folder Options.

Open Folder Options...
Start | Run | Type: control folders | OK |
File Types tab | Scroll down to and Select: (NONE) Folder |
Advanced button | Highlight: open | Set Default | OK |
Apply | OK

Set Default
[[Sets the selected command as the command to be carried out when the file
is invoked.
The default command for the file is shown in bold on the shortcut menu for
the file.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
</Quote>

My point here is that what you see is what you see and is not nessacery what
I see. I see your last post as 26/5/2005 9:59 PM because I live on top of
the world in Australia (your maps are upside down). Most of us here use
newsreaders you are viewing a web page copy of this newsgroup.

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize

will show you how we view it. But even then as we have heaps of display
options (sorting, deleting, and hiding posts) plus we may also not download
all messages ( I only keep the last 24 hrs of posts).



"Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4196430B-1341-40C8-BCB9-7C03B01B16F4@microsoft.com...
> It is 9 posts down from this post. And it is posted in every discussion.
It
> is dated 05/24/2005. As I told you previously, I am a daily visitor to
this
> site, and think all of you guys are terrific. I am not trying to insult
> anyone, but most forums post a message stating "report offensive post". I
am
> not trying to offend you guys. I appreciate your response.
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
> > Especially as what she may see as 24/5/05 I would see 25/5/05.
> > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
> > news:c%9le.1085$C72.182@fe06.highwinds-media.phx...
> > > Lizzie wrote:
> > > > Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all
> > > > categories. Did anyone not see the offensive post on 05/24/05 which
> > > > appears in every category. Don't need to name, just take a look. How
> > > > to you remove this "vulgar display"?
> > >
> > > And which of the 100,000 (at least) posts posted that day are you
> > referring
> > > to? Giving us a date isn't going to narrow it down much, now is it...?
> > >
> > > --
> > > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:21:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

<ROTFL>

My maps may be upside down, but the lettering is right side up.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uiBlv1eYFHA.3220@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
> 9 down you say. Wes will be upset that you find his posts offensive. This
> is my 9th message down (I sort by date) which you can view by clicking
>
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/#EwogFMYFHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl
>
> <Quote Wes's offensive post>
> Laura,
>
> Try this...
>
> Set Open as default for (NONE) Folder in Folder Options.
>
> Open Folder Options...
> Start | Run | Type: control folders | OK |
> File Types tab | Scroll down to and Select: (NONE) Folder |
> Advanced button | Highlight: open | Set Default | OK |
> Apply | OK
>
> Set Default
> [[Sets the selected command as the command to be carried out when the file
> is invoked.
> The default command for the file is shown in bold on the shortcut menu for
> the file.]]
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> </Quote>
>
> My point here is that what you see is what you see and is not nessacery
> what I see. I see your last post as 26/5/2005 9:59 PM because I live on
> top of the world in Australia (your maps are upside down). Most of us
> here use newsreaders you are viewing a web page copy of this newsgroup.
>
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize
>
> will show you how we view it. But even then as we have heaps of display
> options (sorting, deleting, and hiding posts) plus we may also not
> download all messages ( I only keep the last 24 hrs of posts).
>
>
>
> "Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:4196430B-1341-40C8-BCB9-7C03B01B16F4@microsoft.com...
>> It is 9 posts down from this post. And it is posted in every discussion.
>> It is dated 05/24/2005. As I told you previously, I am a daily visitor
>> to this site, and think all of you guys are terrific. I am not trying to
>> insult anyone, but most forums post a message stating "report offensive
>> post". I am not trying to offend you guys. I appreciate your response.
>>
>> "David Candy" wrote:
>>
>>> Especially as what she may see as 24/5/05 I would see 25/5/05.
>>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>>> news:c%9le.1085$C72.182@fe06.highwinds-media.phx...
>>>> Lizzie wrote:
>>>>> Hey guys, I am a frequent visitor to this site, browsing all
>>>>> categories. Did anyone not see the offensive post on 05/24/05 which
>>>>> appears in every category. Don't need to name, just take a look. How
>>>>> to you remove this "vulgar display"?
>>>>
>>>> And which of the 100,000 (at least) posts posted that day are you
>>>> referring to? Giving us a date isn't going to narrow it down much, now
>>>> is it...?
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
!