Tacostand10

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
I have chosen everything to get for my custom built pc except what kind of cooling I need, which I was hoping so,Rome could help me with. I will list the specs of my computer and I would appreciate if someone could give me suggestions on cooling. I am really only willing to add A processor cooling fan or some case cooling fans, if anyone thinks I need these could they tell me what kind or how many? Lastly, I already have a processor cooling fan, just asking if I should upgrade to a heavy duty copper

Intel Core i5 Processor i5-2500 3.3GHz 6MB QUAD CORE

INTEL STANDARD PROCESSOR COOLING FAN

Asus P8H61-M LE/CSM LGA1155/ Intel H61(B3)/ DDR3/ A&GbE/ MATX Motherboard

8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel

SEAGATE / WD 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB CACHE SATA 6.0Gb/s

22X DVD-RW DUAL LAYER

ATI RADEON HD 6770 1GB DDR5 2DVI HDMI/Disp-Port CrossFire PCI-EXP Video Card

REALTEK 8-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND ONBOARD

REALTEK 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card (onboard)

APEVIA X-Dreamer3 Metal Case w/ Side Window-Black

hec X ORION 585 WATT POWER SUPPLY (MEDIUM LOAD)

Also, any comments or modifications anyone might think to the actual computer is nice, especially if I could get awry for cheaper and the same efficiency. Thanks

You do not need any additional case cooling for an i5-2500 and a 108W HD6670 assuming the case comes with one chassis exhaust fan on the back and a normal (not passively cooled) power supply.

You cannot OC your i5, so I wouldn't change out the standard Intel cooler unless you are trying for something special like extreme low noise. (or want something that looks nicer viewed thru your case's Side Window).

This charts shows the stock i5 stock cooler struggling with i5 OC'ed to 4Ghz. Noise was good. Running at your stock speed cooling should be OK, however there are lots of choices. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Arctic-Freezer-i30-CPU-Cooler-Review/1592/6