Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Computer Turns off and on

Last response: in Systems
August 10, 2012 11:12:35 PM

Ok, I build my computer yesterday after getting all done I closed it up and moved it to my office where I have a simple computer thats where I installed Windows 7 on the SSD and installed all the drivers, once i got done with that I moved it to my game room I got all set up speakers, hooked it into my 40" TV and because I brought the DVD drive and HDD OEM, they didnt come with SATA cables and my motherboard came with 2. I had one on DVD drive and one on SSD for the beginning then once i took it to the game room I switched it 1 SSD and 1 HDD and I got Reboot and select proper device error a few times finally getting the SSD and HDD to work but during all the switching and testing a heard a noise from my computer it sounded like when a screw drops and hits metal then my computer turned off and on again and again then I tried to use it and it turned off by itself when i was using it.

1. I tested the mobo by taking the ram out and it gave beeps that no memory.
2. I have not install my video card yet
3. Right now I have 640GB HDD and SSD hooked up

My Specs
i5-3570k
Asrock Z77 Extreme4
HAF X
Corsair TX650 v2
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600
Corsair H80
ASUS DVD Burner
ASUS Wireless Card
640 GB Western Digital Blue Caviar
500 GB Western Digital Blue Caviar
OCZ Vertex 4 64 GB
6 Coolermaster Case Fans

More about : computer turns

Best solution

August 11, 2012 12:59:39 PM

im pretty sure you just didnt tighten up stuff properly. check for missing screws

btw, a haf x with a extreme4 board is a total waste. should have gotten the haf xm
Related resources
August 11, 2012 3:26:26 PM

TheBigTroll said:
im pretty sure you just didnt tighten up stuff properly. check for missing screws

btw, a haf x with a extreme4 board is a total waste. should have gotten the haf xm

Really think a screw could cause that big of a problem and the HAF X was 70 bucks off and free shipping when i brought it
m
l
August 11, 2012 6:14:23 PM

if it was a motherboard screw and the motherboard somehow touched your case, it could have caused a short circuit
m
l
!