Z75 Pro3 vs Z77 Pro4

NeedForSleep

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
What do you guys think of the above motherboards. Which should I get?

I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Assuming you're referring to the ASRock Z75 Pro3 and the ASRock Z77 Pro4, I say they are both excellent boards for the money.

I think I stated this on one of your threads already. The Z75 received a promising review from tweaktown. It can easily allow your CPU to be overclocked in the 4.5GHz range.

The Z77 Pro4 would be a better buy. It has more power phases as well as more Sata 6Gb/s ports. This may come in handy if you want to add more Sata III devices such as SSDs or HDDs. The power phases will help with overclocking.

DeusAres

Distinguished
Assuming you're referring to the ASRock Z75 Pro3 and the ASRock Z77 Pro4, I say they are both excellent boards for the money.

I think I stated this on one of your threads already. The Z75 received a promising review from tweaktown. It can easily allow your CPU to be overclocked in the 4.5GHz range.

The Z77 Pro4 would be a better buy. It has more power phases as well as more Sata 6Gb/s ports. This may come in handy if you want to add more Sata III devices such as SSDs or HDDs. The power phases will help with overclocking.

Solution

NeedForSleep

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Yes, I was talking about the ASRock motherboards.

And I only plan on doing a mild overclock with my CPU. I would be happy with something in the 4.0GHz range.

I think I may go with the Z77 Pro4 for the extra Sata ports. I think that may prove useful in the future.

Thanks for the advice. You've been a great help.