Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Not confidence in my built, noob needs help

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 11, 2012 12:43:58 AM

Dear everyone,
My AMD rig was 4 years old and I’m going to have an update in next month as a gift from my wife for my birthday (of course by my money ). Now I’m building my rigs but I have so many choices to make and it makes my head stop working. During my researching I found Tom’s hardware is a very good communitiy who always support and help a noob like me so I open this topic ask for your help.
I’m not living at US or Euro and I can’t access Newegg or Amazon, the list below is from my local stock which I found had the most reasonable prices (though not so many differences with other shops) and we don’t have other options.
My built is mostly for games and sometime Photoshop and modeling. I will have some OC this will mostly base on CPU choice and my cooler.
What I already have:
VGA: ASUS GeForce GTX 560 Ti DIRECT CU II TOP .
PSU: 750W CM silent Pro
Chassis: CM 690
HDD: 2 500gb Raid 0 and 1 2TB HDD.

Below is what I have to decide
1.CPU: i5-3570K - $250.00, i5-2500K - $240.38, i7-2600K - $343.75, i7-3770K - $372.60
After some research I lean toward I5- i5-3570K but other option is possible. Is an i-7 with above price appropriate ? if yes which one ?

2.CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 120 $32.21
Thermalright True Spirit 140 $50.48
Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E $82.93
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo $36.78
The silver arrow SB-E is unavailable now and I prefer the TS 120. But I keep think is it better if using SA or TS 140 … what is the best for me ?

3. Main ASRock Z77 Extreme6 $230.77
ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional $298.08
ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE $312.50
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 $250.00
ASUS Maximus V Gene $245.19
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H $274.04
For Mainboard I think the SABERTOOTH Z77 may have the best bang/buck so it is what I choose. I personal dont like the themal amor and this board sound Realteck 892 but it's price is the closest to world average price.

4. Ram CORSAIR Vengeance Red 8GB (2x4GB) $61.54 X
G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9 $60.10
Ram I don’t know which it better so Corsair maybe my final choice.

5. SSD Corsair Force Series 3 120GB $125.00 X
Corsair Force Series GT 120GB $170.67
Intel 520 Series Cherryville 120GB $153.85
OCZ Agility 3 120GB $120.19
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB $151.44
I don’t have any experience in SSD so blindly choose Corsair Force Series 3. I realy need expert advise about this. Comparing the price and capability which one is sweetest ?

Then my final built look like:
CPU i5-3570K
CPU Cooler Thermalright True Spirit 120
Main ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
Ram CORSAIR Vengeance Red 8GB (2x4GB)

Can I OC my I5 to 4.5 Ghz … I can push to TS 140 or SA if it is necessary. and what is the highest possible GHz for me if i using TS 40 or SA SB-E
I would most appreciate if someone help me finalize my built. I can cover most of the expend but I still prefer the most value built.

Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue.

Thanks for reading.

More about : confidence built noob

August 11, 2012 1:03:54 AM

I would recommend getting a 256gig ocz vertex 3/4 drive and use your 2x 500gig drives on a raid 0 for secondary high speed storage. Im sorta drunk and tired right now so that's all I'm gonna hit yah with at the moment.
m
0
l
August 11, 2012 1:18:56 AM

vegettonox said:
I would recommend getting a 256gig ocz vertex 3/4 drive and use your 2x 500gig drives on a raid 0 for secondary high speed storage. Im sorta drunk and tired right now so that's all I'm gonna hit yah with at the moment.


Yep, i see you are VERY drunk...or else why the fock would you recomend a Vertex 3???
m
0
l
Related resources
August 11, 2012 1:39:51 AM

I have a 2600K but the 2500K would be a good choice. The biggest difference between the 2500k and the 3570 would be the onboard video which I think you dont need to worry about that since you have a video card. The 3570 runs a lil hotter also but does have pci-e 3.0 support. PCI-E 3.0 really is not much of a difference compared to 2.0. So basically if you can get the 2500K at a great price then get it. If not and you dont mind the higher temps on the 3570. then get 3570. Just make sure you get the K version of either one.
Now the ASUS Sabertooth board is a great board to get. I built one for my cousin with that board. I myself have the 2600K with the Sabertooth P67 board and love it.
m
0
l
August 11, 2012 2:35:03 AM

bigcyco1 said:
look here to pick the best ssd for yourself http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=w...


Thanks to your link, i will buy OCZ Vertex 3. It looks like a decent SSD and compare to my local shop it cheaper than Corsair Force Series GT.

I already have an 2x500gb Hdd raid 0 and 1 2T GB Hdd for storage, that's why dont really eager for a bigger SSD. 120 GB is more than enough with OS and some apps.

Cheer.
m
0
l
August 11, 2012 2:36:43 AM

nhc said:
Thanks to your link, i will buy OCZ Vertex 3. It looks like a decent SSD and compare to my local shop it cheaper than Corsair Force Series GT.

I already have an 2x500gb Hdd raid 0 and 1 2T GB Hdd for storage, that's why dont really eager for a bigger SSD. 120 GB is more than enough with OS and some apps.

Cheer.


no no no no... do not buy the vertex 3, buy a M4, Samsung 830, Petrol M3, Vertex 4 or a mushkin chronos deluxe.
m
0
l
August 11, 2012 2:54:20 AM

aqualipt said:
no no no no... do not buy the vertex 3, buy a M4, Samsung 830, Petrol M3, Vertex 4 or a mushkin chronos deluxe.


Unfortunately, as I said, I we don’t have many options. The shop which I buy at least has some warranty and reputation. If I want to buy other products than below items I have to deal with Hand-carried or secondhand product which I often stay away. Therefore it would most convenient if you can help me decide which is the best deal in 4 option below.

Corsair Force Series GT 120GB $170.67
Intel 520 Series Cherryville 120GB $153.85
OCZ Agility 3 120GB $120.19
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB $151.44
m
0
l
August 11, 2012 3:07:05 AM

So lets say u go with the OCZ vertex or agility 3 drive, what happens when you run out of the warranty and what not. Save yourself the trouble and get a better SSD like the Samsung, the intel 520 series, or the corsair.

Everyone is saying don't get that drive for a reason on here. If it were me I would believe them
m
0
l
August 11, 2012 3:12:58 AM

Azteck said:
I have a 2600K but the 2500K would be a good choice. The biggest difference between the 2500k and the 3570 would be the onboard video which I think you dont need to worry about that since you have a video card. The 3570 runs a lil hotter also but does have pci-e 3.0 support. PCI-E 3.0 really is not much of a difference compared to 2.0. So basically if you can get the 2500K at a great price then get it. If not and you dont mind the higher temps on the 3570. then get 3570. Just make sure you get the K version of either one.
Now the ASUS Sabertooth board is a great board to get. I built one for my cousin with that board. I myself have the 2600K with the Sabertooth P67 board and love it.


Yeah i know I5 2500k is a very good CPU but I intend to buy an Z77 with newer technology and besides the I 5 3570k only 10$ more than I5 2500k.
I5 3570k is hotter than i5 2500k there for i would buy a good cooler in 4 option below:

Thermalright True Spirit 120 $32.21
Thermalright True Spirit 140 $50.48
Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E $82.93
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo $36.78

Which one is more suitable for me if i want to run I5 3570k at 4.5 GHz on Asus Z77 sabertooth.
m
0
l
August 11, 2012 3:20:48 AM

garrettk4 said:
So lets say u go with the OCZ vertex or agility 3 drive, what happens when you run out of the warranty and what not. Save yourself the trouble and get a better SSD like the Samsung, the intel 520 series, or the corsair.

Everyone is saying don't get that drive for a reason on here. If it were me I would believe them


Yeah, I also read many comment about OCZ quality and base on people reaction about their SSD. I decided to go with INTEL 520 SERIES CHERRYVILLE cheaper than corsair Corsair Force Series GT 17$.
m
0
l
!