AMD Video Drivers Wont Update?

Penley54

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
I have a 6870 and I just reset my HDD and Re-installed Windows on an SSD. The problem is with my video drivers.. I cant update them. I downloaded the 12.4 drivers and every time it just sticks on the process "Enumerating source media for installable packages..". I have restarted my Computer a couple of times and it keeps on doing the same thing. It says I am on Catalyst 11.5.. My drivers were on 12.4 before I re-installed Windows and I didn't do anything to them before or after re-installing Windows. Any ideas on whats wrong? Thanks.

fantastik250

Distinguished
Uninstall any AMD drivers you have. And try only updating the driver, go to Custom instead of Express. And uncheck everything except for AMD Display Driver and there is a box that you can't uncheck. Let me know how it works out.

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
There is a flaw with the 12.4 that will not recognize that the drivers are current. AMD says wait for the next update patch. And it seens to be random the version it does report. Others in Googleland report the same prob as yours.

janderek

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Try using AMD Catalyst 12.6.. Here are some issues resolved by it.
AMD Radeon™ HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Tri-CrossFire™ configurations + Eyefinity BSOD when launching a DirectX application.
AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Eyefinity/Multiple Display configurations BSOD when using desktop applications.
AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 cards hang when system goes to sleep.
Please ensure that your System BIOS is up to date – some occurrences of this issue may be related to outdated System BIOS
CrossFire scaling issues seen in AMD Catalyst 12.4 with Elder Scrolls: Skyrim CrossFire.
AMD Catalyst Control Center – intermittently missing Overdrive page.
AMD Catalyst Control Center – missing GPU Activity gauge.
AMD Radeon HD 7900 CrossFire Configuration – system hang after cinematic in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Heroes and Generals: Blocky corruption in scenes with smoke effects when run in DirectX 11 mode.
Disabled HDMI audio when the connected HDTV is powered Off/On

To read more about this try looking here : http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-do-i-solve-issue-about-my-display-driver