Gaming Case Help!!!

pikro

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Hello Everybody,
I am building my first gaming pc and i don't have a lot of money.
I was wondering what or any changes to my build i should make.
My setup:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570
GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX-550ti (Already have it)
RAM: Corsair Vengance 1x8gb (Already have it)
PSU: Seasonic G-550 80+ Gold550W
HD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
MOBO: ASrock Z77 Extreme4

I was thinking of buying the Coolmaster Elite 430, but i don't know much about cases and airflow.
Thank you!!!!

pikro

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Hmm, i like this case. I will probably buy this one, but what would a good way to setup some fans so i get the best airflow possible.

johnsonjohnson

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
I suggest going with the i5-3570K for a little more since you already have the motherboard to overclock it. If you don't plan to ever overclock, then you might be able to save money from a cheaper motherboard (and maybe a cheaper i5 CPU too). The Antec case above is a popular budget case but you can also check out others by BitFenix, Corsair, Fractal Design, and NZXT too.

pikro

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

I am not planning on overclocking, but i will probably be upgrading to more ram and a better graphics card in the next year after i buy the pc. Should i got with the i5-3570k if im not going to overclock? and if not what other processor should i get?

johnsonjohnson

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
You can still go with the i5-3570K if you're not going to overclock. It doesn't make much sense but who knows? You might consider it in the future. But if you're absolutely sure you wouldn't, then you could go with others like the i5-3550, i5-3470, etc. And you can pair the CPU that you won't overclock with a cheaper motherboard that has all the features you need. 8GB of RAM is more than enough for your gaming needs unless you need more for other reasons.

pikro

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I wasn't going to overclock.... but i really like that motherboard and maybe i should. I dont know much about it but i know i need good cooling. If i was to overclock, shoulc i get the i5-3570k with the motherboard and cool it in the antec 300 case?

johnsonjohnson

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Well you can buy a CPU cooler when you finally decide to overclock. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (and Evo) are popular budget coolers that often go on sale. From the reviews of the case on Newegg the Antec 300 has enough clearance for either cooler.

pikro

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
One more thing, i am finding a lot of bad reviews for the motherboard i was going to get on newegg. Any other motherboards that i should choose instead?

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Take a look at the Gigabyte Z77x-D3H or Z77x-UD3H, they're both great boards and I've worked with the later and had no problems with it at all. I actually set up the later with a Coolermaster 212 and a 3570k as well.
For cases you could also take a look at the Corsair 200R or 300R I put that build with the gigabyte motherboard in a 300R and I really liked the case.

Finally I'd like to say on the side that running a single stick of ram isn't going t be ideal and if you find money later on you might get another identical stick just to put them in dual channel with each other, what you have already is definitely enough but won't run in dual channel without another stick (the color coding on the DIMM slots on the motherboard denotes the RAM channels)
You did a great job picking out these parts though and good look putting it all together. I remember building my first rig, I had blast doing it and learned a ton in the process.